Pregnancy

Featured Posts
kay11208
help me !!!!!!
August 21, 2008 at 8:01 AM

i am 19 years old and 15 weeks pregnant. i live at home with my mother who wants me to have an abortion i am very against abortions and do not want to have to go thru one. but my mother thinks its best for me seeing that i am still in college she is threating to kick me out if i go tthru wit this pregnancy. my boyfriend is 21 years and is real supporting of me being pregnant him and his entire family. he says i can move in with him if my mother wants me out. the thing is i dont want to move out and cause any more damage to me and my mothers relationship i know she wont talk to me if i leave but i want my baby. she says he will leave me seeing that he is the only one working but ive been with my boyfriend now for almost six years and he wants me to finish school to i just dont know what to do should i leave and be happy with my baby or should i stay and be miserable at home with out my baby i know i will resent my mother for this...........    

Replies

• miztibama
    August 21, 2008 at 8:08 AM

I was 19 when i got pregnant with daughter. Life wasnt easy. Granted your mom is disappointed but if she is not going to support you then i suggest you go live with your bf. I know its no the easiest solution right now but  you will be happy later on i promise. There is nothing like holding your child in your arms for the first time. I was adopted when i was 6 by my parents and the only family i know is them. They have loved and supported me in every decision i made even if it wasnt for the best. To me that is what a true parent is supposed to be like.

• Janeeva2005
    August 21, 2008 at 8:12 AM

It seems like you have a very stable relationship with your bf since you have been together for so many years already.

I would undertstand your mom a little better if it would have been a one - night stand and obvious that he wouldn't support you but in this case...

I know a mother is a mother and I also have a very close relationship to mine and I do understand that you don't want to ruin that BUT I would not have an abortion.

I would rather move out then especially if your bf and his family is there for you. I don't know your mom but maybe she changes her point of view a little bit if you stand up and tell her that you will have this baby matter what and that you won't let her force you to do that. And besides that I think 15 wks is already kinda far to be thinking about an abortion. I know you have idfferent laws in the states but he it is only legal up to 12 weeks and if you google for some pics at 15 weeks and see what the baby already looks like.....

I mean, I couldn't do it anyway so maybe I am not even the right person to reply to your post but ...... you and your bf locve eachother, you have been together for so long and now there is a baby which is actually a wonderful thing.

Yes, it won't be easy to go to college and have a baby but you wouldn't be the first one going through it and with such a supportive family as your bf's......

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• nickymom

Poor you!!

I'm also 15 weeks pregnant and am also against abortion.  I could never kill my innocent child.  So I applaud you for thinking the way you do.  I'm very sorry about what you're going through!  If your relationship with your mother is that hard right now, maybe it would be best to go live with your boyfriend.  It may only get worst if you stay with your mom especially if she keeps saying she want you to abort.  I, for one would have a very hard time dealing with my mother if she would keep telling me to abort her grandchild! 

But,in the end, only you will know the right thing to do!  I'll pray for you!!  Take care of yourself and that precious child!

• butta220

I WAS 16 WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION. MY MOM WANTED ME TO HAVE AN ABORTION AND IM TOTALLY AGAINST THAT. MY MOM THREW ME OUT I WENT LIVE WITH MY AUNT AND THAT LASTED ABOUT A WEEK WHEN MY MOM SAID I COULD MOVE BACK IN SHE WAS STILL UPSET AND OVER WHELMED OF THE WHOLE SITUATION. SHE WAS THERE WHEN I HAD MY DUAGHTER AND NOW SHE ADORES HER. TRUST ME SHE IS ONE OF THE HARDEST WOMEN I EVER KNOWN AND IF ANY BODY COULD BREAK HER IS THE BABY. SO WHAT IM SAYING IS YOU  SHOULD GO AND HAVE YOUR BABY AND BE HAPPY SHE WILL COME AROUND WHEN SHE SEES HOW PRECIOUS A BABY IS.

• Kendawlyne
    August 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM

IMO I would not kill my baby just to make my mother happy....she seems to be mad right now but maybe she will get over it. If having your baby makes you happy then do that.

• BrookeyLea
    August 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM

I was in the same predicament you are in hunny. Im 19 too and my family found out i was pregnant and kicked me out of my house and said i choose my bf (and the baby) over them if i didnt get an abortion ( because they HATED my bf.. HATED!) but i knew i couldnt bring myself to do it so i packed up my things and went to my friends house for the night, i mean my dad nsapped cell phone broken and all... but the next day he called my friends phone and said he wanted me to come home, i went home and he said " do you really want this.." and i said " yes daddy " and he made me bring me bf over and he wanted to hear my bf say that he was going to be there for me and that he loved me ( he didnt even know we were still communicating never mind even dating) and my boyfriend spilled his heart out and ever since then my parents have been wicked good and support me 100% they are actully wicked excited now too ! i told them (i was 8 weeks when they found out) i cant go through with an abortion it wasn't in my beliefs and believe it or not the baby has a heartbeat... i said im not trying to pick him or the baby over you but its my body and you have to respect my decisions. and they both got over and are super excited now !.... so just hang in there and everything will work out. if you decide to go through with an abortion nobody will think less of you but please decide soon because that baby is growing more and more by the day and if you already 15 weeks he/shes already 5 inches long, dont make it suffer if you decide to wait to have an abortion. good luck with anything you do hunny, if you need to talk just message me i went through a similar situation. and you can always finish school... my best friend had her baby her senior year of high school and she graduated and now is going into her sophomore year of college and working too ! and she spends a lot of time with her daughter... it can be done !

Quoting kay11208:

i am 19 years old and 15 weeks pregnant. i live at home with my mother who wants me to have an abortion i am very against abortions and do not want to have to go thru one. but my mother thinks its best for me seeing that i am still in college she is threating to kick me out if i go tthru wit this pregnancy. my boyfriend is 21 years and is real supporting of me being pregnant him and his entire family. he says i can move in with him if my mother wants me out. the thing is i dont want to move out and cause any more damage to me and my mothers relationship i know she wont talk to me if i leave but i want my baby. she says he will leave me seeing that he is the only one working but ive been with my boyfriend now for almost six years and he wants me to finish school to i just dont know what to do should i leave and be happy with my baby or should i stay and be miserable at home with out my baby i know i will resent my mother for this...........

• Hannahlee158
    August 21, 2008 at 8:17 AM

i just turned 20.. i was 18 when i got prego and 19 when i had my daughter.

and guess what.. im in school. im taking classes on line, but im still doing what i have to do to get my education and take care of my family...

you and your bf should get an apartment and start raising your family on your own..

thats what i had to do... and i wouldnt have it any other way..

to make your parents pressure you into having an abortion if you dont want one..

and you can always put your baby up for adoption.

• nily
    by nily
    August 21, 2008 at 8:32 AM

A baby is not going to stop you from doing the things that you want to do, you and only you are your own obstacle to your dreams if you want to.I had my daughter when I was 16 years old and when her dad knew that she was born with brain damage he left us. I found a job as a waitress and finish school. I'm 25 years old now and I have a degree in operation room technician I married againg, buy a house, and I'm expecting my second and trust me Is not going to be easy but nothing can take away you dreams if you belive in youself and your baby is a gift from God and the reason that he's giving you to live and achieve your goals.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts