Pregnancy

Featured Posts
MrsShepherd610
Air travel in 3rd trimester
July 31, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Is it safe to fly during your 3rd trimester?  I really want to plan a Christmas trip to NYC, but I'll be 7 months.  Any opinions??

Replies

• rdhelmick
    July 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM

they say that you shouldn't, but ask your dr if you want a true answer, he can tell you weather you are able to or not.

• MamaMouser
    July 31, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    I asked my Dr. Because I go from the States to Switzerland almost every other month. He told me that if you have a low risk pregnancy it is fine for a QUICK trip up to the 8th month. But for Long flights he wouldn't recommend past 7. Also, if you are taking a flight, drink twice as much water!
  • Jacky_plus_1
    July 31, 2008 at 9:29 AM

several airlines require a note from your Dr. to travel in the third trimester.

• amystephan
    July 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM

My dr. doesn't recomend ANY travel in the 3rd trimester.  He said the reasoning is if SOMEthing were to happen, his example was any rupture of waters, you would be stuck in a hospital away from home for so much time.  I live in a summer resort area, he told me the day I asked (I was going 3 hours - driving - away to visit family) that just 2 weeks before he had to admit a mom who was here on vacation, she was 28 weeks.  She was supposed to go home the next day (4 hours drive away) and was now stuck in our hospital for a min of 6 weeks!  He did ok my 3 hour trip because of being low risk (I was 31 weeks) and it was to where my family is so had anything happened I would have had ALOT of support.

Definately see what your dr. says, he/she might say go and enjoy.  OR they might say how about next Christmas with an almost 1 year old.

Good luck!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts