Pregnancy

Featured Posts
butterfly1201
yeast infections?
July 8, 2007 at 12:48 AM
I know that this is a gross question, but I think that I might have a yeast infection and I am not exactly sure if I am preggers or not yet. Is it ok to use yeast infection medicine while your are preggo?

Replies

• bloodstone
    July 8, 2007 at 1:04 AM
         I had an infection when I was 18 weeks pregnant and my doctor offered me some nasty horsepills or a vaginal cream.  I would go to your doctor and see what he or she says.  I am 35 weeks pregnant, so the cream didn't affect my little boy.
  • angel6in07
    July 8, 2007 at 8:05 AM
    Yeah-you definately should call your dr. I got yeast infections w/my pregnancies too and you can't just use anything otc. Being preggo is sometimes a cause of having a yeast infection (altho there's alot of different causes for yeast infections). The dr can tell you what's safe or write you a script for something. The cure is usually easy and quik. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • liltymesmom
    July 8, 2007 at 2:03 PM

I dealt w/ this a few months ago and when I called my OB, they told me that the 7 day monistat would be fine to take. She also said not to shove the suppository all the way up inside (like just go 1/2 way). I would still call if I were you and see what they suggest.
    Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN