butterfly1201
yeast infections?
July 8, 2007 at 12:48 AM
I know that this is a gross question, but I think that I might have a yeast infection and I am not exactly sure if I am preggers or not yet. Is it ok to use yeast infection medicine while your are preggo?

Replies

• bloodstone
    July 8, 2007 at 1:04 AM
         I had an infection when I was 18 weeks pregnant and my doctor offered me some nasty horsepills or a vaginal cream.  I would go to your doctor and see what he or she says.  I am 35 weeks pregnant, so the cream didn't affect my little boy.
  • angel6in07
    July 8, 2007 at 8:05 AM
    Yeah-you definately should call your dr. I got yeast infections w/my pregnancies too and you can't just use anything otc. Being preggo is sometimes a cause of having a yeast infection (altho there's alot of different causes for yeast infections). The dr can tell you what's safe or write you a script for something. The cure is usually easy and quik. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • liltymesmom
    July 8, 2007 at 2:03 PM

I dealt w/ this a few months ago and when I called my OB, they told me that the 7 day monistat would be fine to take. She also said not to shove the suppository all the way up inside (like just go 1/2 way). I would still call if I were you and see what they suggest.
    Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts