mommy_in_may
Need help with the sickness
March 11, 2007 at 10:04 AM
I'm currently 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and so far it's been really tough on me. I have been sick virtually everyday since I was 8 weeks pregnant. I've tried the crackers, the ginger, the changing of my diet and even a suppository from my doctor. Nothing seems to work. I'll feel fine and then out of nowhere a wave a nausea comes over me and I have to run to the bathroom. Not only that, but I suffer from heartburn as well that makes me vomit. Has anyone been through this and if so what can I do to try to ease the sickness. It's driving me crazy and making me feel miserable.

Replies

• Heather_ky
    March 11, 2007 at 10:22 AM
    You sound just like me when I was prengnant with my first one. I tried everything as well, even phenagrin the doctor gave to me...which only made it worse. I had to be taken off my prenatal vitamins and switched some other kind of vitamin.

Wish I could tell you that I found something that worked but I never did. I was sick up to the day I went into labor. Which I hope is not going to be the case for you. Good luck, hopefully someone here will have the answer :)
  • soon2bmommyof2
    March 11, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    i was very sick with my 1st pg. the WHOLE thing!!! the only thing i could occaisionally keep down is goldfish!!! this pg. has got me sick also but its not as bad... with the 1st one i could not get out of bed for 5 months!!! i wish i knew something that would help but i know nothing i have tried phenogin and all that crap and yeah my prenatals made me sicker too!!!  i switched to eating 2 flintstones vitamins everyday and that helped a lil!!! hope something helps you or it subsides quickly!!!
  • winddancer143
    March 11, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    My mother gave me a recipe for a pregnangy shake when I was pregnant with my first son. If I got it down before the nausea hit it reduced the sickness. It calls for 1 banana, 1 cup of buttermilk, 1 tbl wheatgerm, 1 tbl honey. Put all ingredients in the blender untilo smooth.  It provides great nutrition and tastes pretty good too. It balances your minerals and sugars naturally, as well as providing  fiber.
       WIth my second pregnancy I tried Preggie Pops from the maternith shop, they worked alot of the time too.
  • cross3685
    March 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM
    I was sooo sick too- couldn't even keep water down.  Thankfully things are a bit better now-I only have 10 weeks to go!  But anyway, the doctor prescribed me Zofran (its safe to take) They give it mainly to chemo patients when they get sick, but is now being used much more for severe morning (or should I say 24 hour) sickness.  It didn't make my nausea go completely away, but it got me to the point where I could hold down bland foods and drinks.  At that point lemon in my water helped-plain water was just gross to me.  The only downside to Zofran was that its super-expensive if you don't have insurance (which I didn't).  I cost me $60 a pill......but it at least let me get some nutrients inside my body.  Good luck and you are definately in my thoughts and prayers!! 
  • liltymesmom
    March 12, 2007 at 12:01 AM
    I know how you are feeling. I was sick the entire time w/ my 1st and was still puking after I delivered him! We even changed my prenatal vitamins 3 times and that didn't help. I'm 10 weeks now and have been sick since week 5 but for the past 4 days, I've been puke free! I'm still nauseous off and on all day but what I'm doing is waking up around 2-3 AM and taking an anti-nausea pill my dr. prescribed me. (It totally zonks me out, that's why I take it during the night) Then I eat something as soon as I wake up in the morning (poptarts or toaster struedles have been good to me) and then suck on those preggie pop candies while getting ready for work. This helps me get through my prime puke time, but who knows how long this will last. Good luck!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts