babyfish0511
HE'S HERE...FINALLY!! Pics in replies!!
January 12 at 6:37 AM
After having real labor contractions from Monday to Wednesday we were finally admitted into the hospital. I was so happy I'd finally progressed enough! This was the craziest labor ever, lol. I was admitted into L&D Thursday morning about 1 am and was 5 cm & 90% effaced. By 10 am I was 9 cm and almost ready to push. And then it happened. An hour later I was checked and I had gone from a 9 down to a 7!! Baby's head was engaged and in the canal but due to a tilted pelvis (which I didn't know I had til then) his head had gotten stuck and my cervix started swelling around his head. Since I was wanting a natural birth we spent the next 7 hours trying what we could to get things back on course. Nothing worked and I was then on my way to have a cesarean section. At 5:46 pm we finally met our son, Noah Lee Michael. He was 7.6 lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. I was able to do skin to skin immediately after birth for two hours before he was bathed and had his shots. There is no nursery here at the birthing center so he gets to be w us 99% of the time. We should be released today depending on the results of his blood work so wish us luck!! I'm so happy our baby boy is here and our family is finally complete!! :D (I was 38 weeks 1day when I gave birth. I was already in early labor Monday, had my membranes stripped Wednesday am and was in full blown labor by 8 that night)

Replies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts