smom0
Bleeding after an ultrasound
by smom0
November 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I'm 5 weeks day 3 and yesterday I had to go to an emergency room because I had a vaginal ultrasound and started bleeding during it! It freaked me out then blood kept coming and coming! After five hours at the hospital they couldn't figure out why I was bleeding but baby was fine cervix was closed and my levels continued to rise. I'm on bed rest this weekend And so nervous! Anyone ever have this happen?

Replies

• lillucky8
    November 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    Ive had spotting but not major bleeding. Have you talked to your ob? Sometimes they can be more helpful than the er.
  • MelanieMans
    November 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    A little bleeding is normal
  • thebellyfirmMlb
    November 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It is pretty common to have a little bit of spotting after a vaginal ultrasound. It happens because, the tissue down there (especially the cervix) is very sensitive. 

• meam4444
    November 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM

The cervix can be irritated pretty easily when pregnant, and I bet the vaginal u/s did such.  Hope all is well!

• beachlove512
    November 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I had a tiny bit of spotting last week after a vaginal ultrasound to check my cervix (at 22 weeks). It's usually fine. If the bleeding gets heavy or you're passing clots or if you have period like cramps, call your OB/midwife.

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    November 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

the cervix can be easily irritated during pregnancy

• Devious103102
    November 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Never to that extent but hopefully it was just bleeding from the u/s or a possible SCH that passed. Good thoughts. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts