Pregnancy

Featured Posts
NattiesMomm
Getting induced Wednesday! Any advice or things you wish you did before?
October 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Unfortunately I'm being induced Wednesday! I only say "unfortunately" because I have heard its a more painful labor, constant un-natural contractions. Also the risk of a c-section! I delivered my first daughter with no pain medicine so maybe, this will be the same tolerance of pain!

I'm already 3cm and 50% effaced (checked last Thursday, but had the worst contractions this weekend so maybe I've progressed!).

Is there any advice mothers who have been induced can give? Anything you wish you had done before-hand?

Also, how far dilated/effaced were you and how long did it take to become in push labor? Or did you end up having a c-section!

I'm so nervous. Please share your stories. :)

Replies

• connorsmama06
    October 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I was induced with my first at 38 weeks due to PE. I went in for a normal appointment and was sent to LD. He broke my water at 12. I was 10 at 7:30 and pushed at 7:45. He was born at 9:04. You will be fine. They are not that bad. Good luck 

• Luvmy2babies22
    October 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I was induced with my first at 38w.  Partly due to my bp (I had been on 5w of bedrest), mostly due to his expected size.  I had been 3cm since 36w.  They started the pitocin around 9:30am and my contrax were fine.  They broke my water at 12pm and my contrax got REALLY intense almost immediately.  I got my epi at 12:30 and was ready to push by 5:30pm.  I pushed for 3 hours.

You've done this before so you'll be fine!!!  Congrats!!!!

It was kind of nice knowing when he would come.  We ate dinner in the bar area of a restaurant.  Not because we were drinking (obviously I was not drinking) but because it would be the last time being able to seat ourselves quickly in the bar area for a while!!!

• beachlove512
    October 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I was induced at 40+1 with my first baby due to sudden high bp and swelling. I was 2cm dilated and about 50% effaced. They broke my water (without asking) and started the pitocin. The contractions started almost immediately and were intense from the start (one on top of the other with no break). I went from 2cm to 10 cm in just five hours. The pain was freaking awful but I did it without an epi. I cried a lot from the pain and groaned a lot to cope. It helped to keep changing positions and to use my birthing ball. If you go natural, please don't give birth on your back. Try squatting or standing so gravity can help you out. I pushed on my back and DS got stuck so they had to use the vacuum. My husband was so amazing during the birth that I believe he's the one who saved me from getting an epidural. Good luck!

• april_f
    by april_f
    October 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    I was induced with all 4 of mine after or right on edd I always get the epidural and the first 3 times I also got the IV meds but the last time I didn't it does hurt but after I got the mess I was good lol congrats wish you the best of luck!
  • hungluvphuong
    October 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

It all depend on your body, I was induced at 39 weeks. I went in at 3 cm just like you. Start pitocin at 8:00 in the morning, the doctor came in to break my water at 9 o'clock, have the baby at 12:48 and only 4 push. So it all depend on your body, did you walk alots. I was afraid just like you, milion things went into my mind the day before induced, but my doctor reassure me that everything will be fine, and there is no way I will have C-section. talk to your doctor he/she would know the best. Good luck .

• prissy4boys
    October 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I've been induced with all 4 of mine. and honestly i liked it. im afraid to go into labor out of no where, to me it takes longer. ive had my kids within 1-5 hrs every time...and discharged the morning after. no problems, complications..thanks to god. theres nothing really you can do to prepare yourself, i DREAD the whole hospital thing anyway, and when they hook my iv up, they ALWAYS mess my arms up BOTH..because they can never find or keep it flowing. hugs to you and congrats. 

• marleasmommy91
    October 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Make sure to eat before you go in! I'm glad I did lol

• mamalove1023
    October 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

My advice is to TELL them that you want them to break your water first and see if you go into labor natually on your own.  See how you do.  WALK around and stay upright.  Use the birthing ball!  See if you progress on your own.  They might not like the idea and may want to put you on pitocin right away but that's too bad!  If there is no rush to get your baby out, I would try every possible way to avoid pitocin. 

Since this isn't your first time around the block, your body know what to do.  Trust it.

• NattiesMomm
    October 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    I have my birthing ball! I love this thing! Haha.

Will they break my water at 3cm? That's really what I wanted to have done first. I've heard about so many different thing they can do! I haven't seen this OBGYN in weeks to talk to her about everything! :( (there are two OBGYNs, and I always got the male one whom I'm not fond of, for my last 4 visits!) And personally asked my lady OBGYNs nurse for her to shedule it ahead of time so she would be delivering since she did my first and I LOVED HER.

But since the male doctor didn't want to induce me, he wouldn't talk to me about how things go! Or even pain medicine the hospital gives because "I would know when it was time".

Ugh!

Quoting mamalove1023:

My advice is to TELL them that you want them to break your water first and see if you go into labor natually on your own.  See how you do.  WALK around and stay upright.  Use the birthing ball!  See if you progress on your own.  They might not like the idea and may want to put you on pitocin right away but that's too bad!  If there is no rush to get your baby out, I would try every possible way to avoid pitocin. 

Since this isn't your first time around the block, your body know what to do.  Trust it.

• kcangel63
    October 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    Be careful with AROM at the start. It can increase the risk of cord prolapse.

Quoting mamalove1023:

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts