Pregnancy

Featured Posts
hunnny_bre
previous pregnancies or current? When did you start lactating?
October 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Mobile Photo

We are 5 weeks 2 days according to O date.

I was trying to see just how much bigger my boobs are already by feeling them and I felt a tiny bit of liquid on the tip of my nipples. clear and just the smallest bit but i was surprised lol !

When did you notice clear fluid or milk?

Also... did u not let daddy mess with boobies near end of pregnancy?

Replies

• samsanders
    October 19, 2013 at 2:57 AM
    This is our first and I am 23 weeks. Just started having that leaking around week 21. I haven't heard anyone having it so early though! But I don't know much about pregnancy considering this is my first. It's called colostrum. It also has a yellow tinge to it.
  • hunnny_bre
    October 19, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    Wow really already at 23 weeks?.. In nursing school we were tsught hat colostrum doesn't start until the baby is born and lasts onky for a couple weeks... So much for THAT! Lol....

This is our first too! After 4 serious years ttc and 7 years total... conceived naturally some how by the grace of God :)-!

I googled this question too cos I was impatiently waiting for ladies to share their stories lol.. i read that clear fluid can and does happen early like it is with me at 5w2d, nothing to worry about i guess unless its a lot and this is definitely not much at all hardly even noticeable. so far!

One lady said she was 12 weeks at a clothes store, heard a baby cry and apparently she started lactating a lot ! Makes me want toget some of those nipple leakage pads already so incident like that doesn't happen lol

Quoting samsanders:

This is our first and I am 23 weeks. Just started having that leaking around week 21. I haven't heard anyone having it so early though! But I don't know much about pregnancy considering this is my first. It's called colostrum. It also has a yellow tinge to it.
  • amy_dawn
    October 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    I have had clear leakage early in pregnancy like that. And my colostrum always starts during beginning to middle of third trimester (if I'm remembering correctly), and I always get really leaky to the point of needing the pads during the day. Of course, this time I'm breastfeeding still, so we'll see when it switches over to colostrum.

Oh, and 'yes' to your second question, unless I was sore.
  • Mrsjohnson2014
    October 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I started leaking around 22 or 23 weeks I believe but this is my first. I am 31 weeks now and no he still messes with them they do not hurt and are not tender at all. 

• KelliansMom
    October 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    With my son never really leaked before having him. I'm pregnant now 18 weeks and I have noticed a little leaking but nothing major.
  • ajohnson08099
    October 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    I never started leaking per say but (tmi) I would get dried milk/colostrum maybe starting half way through (only one baby here)

Id let SO mess with breast in general but if he thought about touching my nipples oooo he'd be across the room! All about how you feel, no right or wrong way if doing it. SO used to love messing with my chest.... but forwarned he hasn't touched them since beginning breastfeeding! They aren't "toys" anymore apparently LOL
  • babyfish0511
    October 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    With DD I started leaking at 20 weeks. I leaked bad w her and had to wear nipple pads for weeks before she got here. She is now 6 and I have had clear fluid at times come out ever since. With this pregnancy (I am 26 weeks 3 days) I started leaking colostrum at 22 weeks and it's not near as much as w DD. I still let DH mess w my boobies. According to him he can't help it, lol. But I do ask him to be gentle because some days they feel like they are burnt or something. Wearing a bra all the time helps but I have to let them be free sometimes lol.
  • Heather2001
    October 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I never leaked during pregnancy.

• norahsmommy
    October 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Wow your school is way off. You can produce colostrum pretty much at any time in pregnancy but most likely won't notice until the third trimester or after birth. You only produce colostrum for a few days after birth until your regular milk comes in.

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wow really already at 23 weeks?.. In nursing school we were tsught hat colostrum doesn't start until the baby is born and lasts onky for a couple weeks... So much for THAT! Lol....

This is our first too! After 4 serious years ttc and 7 years total... conceived naturally some how by the grace of God :)-!

I googled this question too cos I was impatiently waiting for ladies to share their stories lol.. i read that clear fluid can and does happen early like it is with me at 5w2d, nothing to worry about i guess unless its a lot and this is definitely not much at all hardly even noticeable. so far!

One lady said she was 12 weeks at a clothes store, heard a baby cry and apparently she started lactating a lot ! Makes me want toget some of those nipple leakage pads already so incident like that doesn't happen lol

Quoting samsanders:

• Bailee2b
    October 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I think it was about 7 months with my dd.  I hated it!!! That was one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me.  Leaking before there was even a baby uggh!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN