Pregnancy

Featured Posts
iamnameless
had appointment today and now I am worried.
October 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I'm 11 weeks+2. I had an appointment this morning. My blood pressure was was 138/82. Isn't that kinda high? Is this going to turn into something worse? I know high blood pressure during pregnancy is really bad and now I am just really worried. Then they couldn't find the heart beat with the Doppler. The doctor said it's still kinda early but I thought they could hear it after 10weeks. He has me coming back in 2 weeks.

Replies

• nessa20mommy2
    October 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    I was always told 12 weeks and on!

I know I would be scared but just hold your breathe until then! I think you will be fine :)
  • twitch
    by twitch
    October 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Are you on the bigger side? I'm 11weeks i went to the doc yesterday an my doc had a nurse hold the Doppler while he like "checked" me after a few mins they found it. I'm high risk so they make sure to find it. my bp was 141/86 my doc didn't say anything
  • cem9532
    by cem9532
    October 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    From what i understand if your bp is high before 20 weeks than you prob had high bp before you got preg. After 20 weeks its more likely to preg related. I had it before pregnancy, i changed to a preg safe med and its doing great now. When was the last time you had it checked prior to becoming preg?
  • Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    October 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM

it is possible depending on babies position that it would be hard to hear babies heartbeat, perfect blood pressure is 120/80 and yours isn't great but isn't (from what I know) horrible either. Nothing to worry about yet mama, just relax.

• iamnameless
    October 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    When I had my tooth pulled in July and I got dizzy.
  • Mrs.Andrews
    October 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM

It is a touch on the high side. Did they recheck it? Often the stress of being at the doctor can cause high blood pressure. If it's high again next time, have them recheck it after you have had a chance to sit and relax for a bit. 

It is really common not to be able to find the heart on the doppler at 11 weeks. We couldn't find either of my babies at 12 weeks on the doppler. 

• sugarcrisp
    October 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM

140 is the end of high normal and stepping into too high.

Check into Hawthorn tincture. It's safe, all natural. I just started using it at the suggestion of my midwife and it's helping. Re-evaluate your diet, especially your sodium intake. And monitor your stress.

Also- you may not be as far along as you think. You may have ovulated late.

• MrsHubert
    October 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Is your blood pressure normally high? If you're nervous before a dr appointment or during an appointment it can cause your bp to spike, it's called white coat syndrome. :)

• iamnameless
    October 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    I have already had 2 ultrasounds I am sure I am 11 weeks. I will look into Hawthorne.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

140 is the end of high normal and stepping into too high.

Check into Hawthorn tincture. It's safe, all natural. I just started using it at the suggestion of my midwife and it's helping. Re-evaluate your diet, especially your sodium intake. And monitor your stress.

Also- you may not be as far along as you think. You may have ovulated late.

• iamnameless
    October 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    I don't know what if was before.

Quoting MrsHubert:

Is your blood pressure normally high? If you're nervous before a dr appointment or during an appointment it can cause your bp to spike, it's called white coat syndrome. :)

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts