Pregnancy

Featured Posts
caitieV
Water broken?
by caitieV
September 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Ok... So I don't know of my water broke because its just damp down there and I had the urge to pee anyway and I coughed and some liquid came out but I think it was urine but how do I know for sure without going to the hospital? If its not broken and I go into the hospital and I'm up all night, I still have to get up and go to work at 7 am. I'm not trying to be up all night just to find out I was being paranoid and then have to work for 8 hours.

Replies

• Luvmy2babies22
    September 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    If its your water, you'll continue to leak.
  • sunflower970
    September 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    U could smell it.. Sounds gross but you would know if it pee or not.. Or u can go to the hospital and they can do a test and see of it is or not. But, if it is you cannot leave the hospital. Even if Ur body doesn't start the process right away
  • lillucky8
    September 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    I agree, if it was your water it should continue to leak or gush. How far along are you?
  • mistressflora
    September 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

scent, as gross as this sounds.  Smell your underwear or where ever the liquid is, urine as that amonia smell and water smells sweet! thats how I knew my water was leaking in 2 of my pregnancies.  also with leakage, it can heal so unless it broke the whole pad thing they say to do (put a pad in if its soaked after like an hour your water broke )  thats really the only way I know of. Try to stand up as well and pay attention, if you feel leakage they say it can be your water as well.

• sp4love
    by sp4love
    September 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

COUGH AN PUT YOUR HAND DOWN THERE AN SE WHERE IT COMES FROM

• mistressflora
    September 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

no, this happend to me twice, my water leaked with 2 of my pregnancies, they were slow leaks, one I didnt even know was happening, and they both  actually stopped leaking and healed the doc said! 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• kcangel63
    September 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    Amniotic fluid has a medicinal smell. Smells like sperm. LOL! If it smells like urine, you're water probably didn't break.
  • iamnameless
    September 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Wait and see if your leaking. I am guessing it's just pee because you coughed. With my third pregnancy I was bringing our big 100lb dog in out of the rain and she pulled on her leash and I fell on my butt in the mudd. And I felt something leak but couldn't tell what it was and I was soaked from rain and mud. I had to wash and go to the hospital and was annoyed to find out it was just me peeing myself :-(
  • Luvmy2babies22
    September 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM

huh, that's interesting.  i had a similar experience to OP when i was pg with my first and the on-call doc told me that i should just monitor any additional fluid cuz if it was my water, it would continue to trickle.  since there was no more, i realized it must have been urine.  my OB confirmed that at my next appt.

learn something new everyday...

Quoting mistressflora:

no, this happend to me twice, my water leaked with 2 of my pregnancies, they were slow leaks, one I didnt even know was happening, and they both  actually stopped leaking and healed the doc said! 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    September 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Smell it does it smell like urine or sweet and unusual smelling. You can also lay down flat for 30 min (drink a nice glass of water) get up and see if you feel another gush. If not its more likely you peed a little!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts