Pregnancy

Featured Posts
caitieV
Water broken?
by caitieV
September 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Ok... So I don't know of my water broke because its just damp down there and I had the urge to pee anyway and I coughed and some liquid came out but I think it was urine but how do I know for sure without going to the hospital? If its not broken and I go into the hospital and I'm up all night, I still have to get up and go to work at 7 am. I'm not trying to be up all night just to find out I was being paranoid and then have to work for 8 hours.

Replies

• Luvmy2babies22
    September 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    If its your water, you'll continue to leak.
  • sunflower970
    September 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    U could smell it.. Sounds gross but you would know if it pee or not.. Or u can go to the hospital and they can do a test and see of it is or not. But, if it is you cannot leave the hospital. Even if Ur body doesn't start the process right away
  • lillucky8
    September 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    I agree, if it was your water it should continue to leak or gush. How far along are you?
  • mistressflora
    September 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

scent, as gross as this sounds.  Smell your underwear or where ever the liquid is, urine as that amonia smell and water smells sweet! thats how I knew my water was leaking in 2 of my pregnancies.  also with leakage, it can heal so unless it broke the whole pad thing they say to do (put a pad in if its soaked after like an hour your water broke )  thats really the only way I know of. Try to stand up as well and pay attention, if you feel leakage they say it can be your water as well.

• sp4love
    by sp4love
    September 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

COUGH AN PUT YOUR HAND DOWN THERE AN SE WHERE IT COMES FROM

• mistressflora
    September 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

no, this happend to me twice, my water leaked with 2 of my pregnancies, they were slow leaks, one I didnt even know was happening, and they both  actually stopped leaking and healed the doc said! 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• kcangel63
    September 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    Amniotic fluid has a medicinal smell. Smells like sperm. LOL! If it smells like urine, you're water probably didn't break.
  • iamnameless
    September 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Wait and see if your leaking. I am guessing it's just pee because you coughed. With my third pregnancy I was bringing our big 100lb dog in out of the rain and she pulled on her leash and I fell on my butt in the mudd. And I felt something leak but couldn't tell what it was and I was soaked from rain and mud. I had to wash and go to the hospital and was annoyed to find out it was just me peeing myself :-(
  • Luvmy2babies22
    September 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM

huh, that's interesting.  i had a similar experience to OP when i was pg with my first and the on-call doc told me that i should just monitor any additional fluid cuz if it was my water, it would continue to trickle.  since there was no more, i realized it must have been urine.  my OB confirmed that at my next appt.

learn something new everyday...

Quoting mistressflora:

no, this happend to me twice, my water leaked with 2 of my pregnancies, they were slow leaks, one I didnt even know was happening, and they both  actually stopped leaking and healed the doc said! 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    September 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Smell it does it smell like urine or sweet and unusual smelling. You can also lay down flat for 30 min (drink a nice glass of water) get up and see if you feel another gush. If not its more likely you peed a little!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN