Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Alphamurray11
Soooooo itchy. Going nuts. Plz help.
July 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM
I'm almost 32 wks pregnant with my third. Thursday morning I started to become itchy all over my body, random spots, arms chest, belly, ears. As the day went on got worse nothing helped. Yesterday, friday, it. got even more worse. My hands, feets legs back, well everywhere. I have no rash anywhere and nothing is relieving it. My hands n feet feel puffy. I'm miserable and haven't slept bc of the itchiness. I have no other symptoms besides the annoying nausea I've had the whole time. PLEASE...Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Plz no sarcasm or bashing. Thnx.

Replies

• babytigergrr
    July 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    You need to call your doctor immediately. There is a condition called cholestasis of pregnancy. The main symptom is itching with no rash. It can be managed but you will need to have some labs done to determine your liver function.

I just had this with my last pregnancy 6 months ago. The itching is maddening and nothing stopped it until I was put on proper medication.
  • DACIA79
    by DACIA79
    July 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    You need to see your doctor immediately
  • lillucky8
    July 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I agree. Call your doc.
  • LeapBaby123
    July 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    It could be a few things. I agree with the other ladies, call your doctor.
  • LilliesValley
    July 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I could have written this word for word. I'm 26 weeks. I've had this for two weeks and it's only gotten worse. My doc put me on a steroid which is a last resort drug while pregnant. Nothing helps and I'm taking athistamines around the clock. Baths, lotions, no help if anything they make it worse. I've had swelling with mine too. I'm not just itchy but covered in a rash. My blood work shows my liver function is fine. But I definately have a rash. I'm lucky to get 3 hours of sleep a night. I'd talk to your doc. I've been in contact with mine daily and was at the office Tuesday. I go again this coming tuesday. Have them draw some bloodwork on you.

Are you having a boy or multiples? 1% of women get pregnancy rash and 70% of them are having boys, the rest have multiples. I'm having a single girl so I have no idea what's going on.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

As the others have said, call your doctor. Good luck!

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    July 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I would definately call your doc and make sure it's nothing serious, but my friend also had this, took a benadryl upon doctors orders and it helped huge.

• Brynn0000
    July 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
    This sounds like a blood presumed issue plz call your docter I had toximea with my little boy and had the same thing my hands where extra itchy
  • Alphamurray11
    July 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    The dr didn't even look at me he just asked what was wrong barely let me finish n was like its scabies...I know he's wrong... With scabies u have a rash.I have no rash plus no1 else here has any symptoms. He gave me this script for creme n said to put it on from neck down... But behind my ears n face would itch to.Its worse at night and mainly my hands n feet.
  • Alphamurray11
    July 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    I did go to ER n it was a joke The dr didn't even look at me he just asked what was wrong barely let me finish n was like its scabies...I know he's wrong... With scabies u have a rash.I have no rash plus no1 else here has any symptoms. He gave me this script for creme n said to put it on from neck down... But behind my ears n face would itch to.Its worse at night and mainly my hands n feet. Oh n the dr was like do u have a family dr I said no but I have an OB appt here fri... He's like ur preg...lol ugh yeah almost 8 mos. Calling my OB first thing tomorrow

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts