Pregnancy

Featured Posts
marissabrookee
Is 29 weeks too early to....
June 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM

have a baby shower? The only reason being, whatever we don't receive at the shower we will obviously have to go out and buy and we won't be able to do all that at once so we'll need some time to do so. I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks so I want to be prepared by that point. Also do you think it's greedy to have a second shower? Its been over 5 years since my DD and this one is a boy, plus its my SO's first baby. My DD's dad has a lot of the stuff we got at her shower because I lived there for a long time after she was born. He wont give me the travel system or her bouncy seat. Opinions please??

Also, was your shower co-ed or just women?

Replies

• kman88
    by kman88
    June 29, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Nope. I'm 29 weeks. And having mine early for that reason.

• Lovin_mybaby5
    June 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I am having my is 2 weeks and I will be 29 weeks the day of my shower!

• krystyneh
    June 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    No I'm exactly 28 weeks today but my shower is in 3 weeks when I'm 31 weeks (which baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead)
  • ajohnson08099
    June 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    Mm I kind of think it is a little early.. but I understand where you are coming from.

Typically baby showers are women only... simply because men get all squirrelly about it.

Though my sil and brother just had a co ed gender. Reveal party that apparently turned out well... though they made it pretty festive with beer and such.

The "typical" shower isn't very enticing to a man and though I have far more male friends I couldn't convince any to show up.
  • littlemamarisa
    June 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I had three baby showers, one at 29 weeks, another one at 32 weeks and my last one at 33 weeks.

All three of my showers were co-ed. Hope you have fun!

• marissabrookee
    June 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM

is this your first baby?

Quoting littlemamarisa:

I had three baby showers, one at 29 weeks, another one at 32 weeks and my last one at 33 weeks.

• littlemamarisa
    June 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes it is my first..... She is spoiled already! :)

Quoting marissabrookee:

is this your first baby?

Quoting littlemamarisa:

• marissabrookee
    June 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

yeah my mom keeps telling me I'm greedy for having a 2nd shower for this baby even though its been over 5 years since my DD was born and this baby is a boy.

Quoting littlemamarisa:

Quoting marissabrookee:

is this your first baby?

Quoting littlemamarisa:

• Brittany9166
    June 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    This is my first baby and I'm having my baby shower at 25weeks... I feel the same way as u. I won't be able to buy everything at once so I need time to save money and buy. If I don't get everything I need at the shower! I'm 21 weeks
  • littlemamarisa
    June 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

ooh no, I hope your feelings didn't get hurt!!

I think you should have more then one shower. 5 years ago was while ago and plus it is a boy this time around. Things have changed plus things are more expensive now too so with all the help you can get take it! 

It's really not for you it is for baby boy :)

Quoting marissabrookee:

yeah my mom keeps telling me I'm greedy for having a 2nd shower for this baby even though its been over 5 years since my DD was born and this baby is a boy.

Quoting littlemamarisa:

Quoting marissabrookee:

is this your first baby?

Quoting littlemamarisa:

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts