Pregnancy

MrsKaufold1990
How do you put this nicely?
June 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

So we are planning on having my shower at a park. 

But we want it to be known that if you bring your children, you must bring someone who was not invited to the shower to watch your children while at the park. 

I was thinking

"Other fathers needed to help expecting father with children at park during games/presents" 

But we aren't sure how to put it with out sounding rude.

My husband will be there specifically to help with the children, as he will already have our daughter.

Holy fucking shit.....

Some of you women need to get your panties of your assholes...

AND FUCKING READ. 

I already came up with wordidng, well my mother did. 

"Children are welcome to attend, but please make sure there is some one there to watch them after lunch is served if you plan on attending the games and gift opening." 

How is that hard to realize? 

I am going to say most will end up leaving their children at home anyways, but we are putting the option there, since there is a play ground on BOTH sides of the pavilion we are using. 

Replies

• LoveOfWisdom
    June 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

They still would need to get a sitter correct? 

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

• LoveOfWisdom
    June 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM

How is it silly? 

Because they would have to find a sitter to begin with. 

And I am not going to make my husband keep an eye on 20+ kids. 

He agreed to our child and some one elses who doesn't have anyone. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• kstorm234
    June 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I dont really know, just kind of seems rude to me no matter what saying that the kids have to leave when the gifts and things will be done. If you dont want children around dont have your shower somewhere where parents will feel like its ok for them to bring kids. 

• LoveOfWisdom
    June 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'm not trying to make this an argument, but if I went to a baby shower with my kids and the hostess/host/mom/dad wanted the kids to be away during gifts and games, I'd probably just leave early.  Even if I had someone there, they would still want to participate and would be interacting with me.  By just saying, adults only, there is no room for an issue.  The kids stay home, the adults enjoy the shower.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM

But you are making it an argument. 

Regardless, if we say no children, then they would still have to bring a sitter. 

And I'm sorry, but it wouldn't be a sitter, it would most likely be their husbands. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'm not trying to make this an argument, but if I went to a baby shower with my kids and the hostess/host/mom/dad wanted the kids to be away during gifts and games, I'd probably just leave early.  Even if I had someone there, they would still want to participate and would be interacting with me.  By just saying, adults only, there is no room for an issue.  The kids stay home, the adults enjoy the shower.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• kstorm234
    June 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Because most baby sitters arent going to want to travel somewhere with the parent. They will see it as why do i have to come if the parent is there. Finding a sitter to watch your children at home is a lot different then dragging them along somewhere. 

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• LoveOfWisdom
    June 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

LOL ok.  You asked for an opinion, easy way is to not have children attend.

good

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

But you are making it an argument. 

Regardless, if we say no children, then they would still have to bring a sitter. 

And I'm sorry, but it wouldn't be a sitter, it would most likely be their husbands. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

• notjstanothrmom
    June 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM

People can take care of their own children... if not then they aren't doing their jobs as parents. Are you going to be feeding the rest of the people they take with them to watch their kids?

Pregnancy