Pregnancy

Featured Posts
LindseyLou95
Hey ya'll
May 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lindsey I am 18 and expecting my first baby. . I am due Nov 30th. My mom recommended me to this site, she was an active member a few years ago when she was pregnant with my sister Courtney. I am on here because I am hoping to learn and lean on ya'll for support as I am sure the next months will be more than I can handle. I was told to be as open and honest as I can on here because we're all in the same boat, well sorta.

So here's my story, like I said I am 18 and about to graduate high school. I was in what I thought was a relationship with a 23 year old college student, he turned out to be a complete ass hole and I was just one of his "weekend slam pieces". He is no longer in the picture by my choice and his. He tried to pressure me into an abortion, which I do not believe in. I have a 16 yr old sister, and soon to be 7 step brothers and sisters. My parents are divorced, both remarried with young kids my mom and step dad have a 7 & 5 year old boys and a 3 yr old daughter who is my world. My dad and step mom have 9,6, 2 year old boys, and my step mom is expecting a girl in August. I live with my mom by choice because that's where my full sister also lives.

Sorry for the essay, but I wanted to get this all out there so you know who you're talking to, please don't assume I am a dumb, slutty teenage girl, who went and got her self pregnant by some guy, only part of that was the case, I am a 3.8 student who planned on attending the University of Florida in the fall. For now I am enrolled at Florida Gulf Coast University and will be taking classes this summer and online this fall so I do not just become another statistic. So feel free to add me or talk to me as I look forward to experiencing this journey with ya'll.

Replies

• daydreamer86
    May 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Welcome and congrats. I wouldn't be too open. Some women are crazy on here.
  • Babes2626
    May 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Welcome and congrats!!

• Mommy2beQua
    May 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    Congrats and Welcome to the group! I'm a expecting teen mommy too.
  • KPJ
    by KPJ
    May 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    Nice to meet you and congrats on your pregnancy.. You can learn a lot from other women on this website.. But sometimes they can be a bit rude and harsh.. So at times.. You need to ignore their comments.
    My name is Kathy and I am pregnant with baby#2, I have a precious 17 months old daughter and now pregnant with baby boy due in August :) and I'm 25 years old..
  • SimplyEnchanted
    May 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Sounds like you have a great support system :) I was 18 when I got pregnant with my first and though my situation was different than yours (married etc) people still judged. Let them think what they want...you just be the best mommy you can be and dont mind what people say!
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    May 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Good Luck

• Autumn19
    May 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

welcome!

• RMslady
    by RMslady
    May 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Welcome and congrats! I'm Melanie, about to be 24 and expecting baby #3 (sex unknown) in Early August :-) i had my first at 19.
  • Lili0509
    May 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hi! Thats right! You just do you and stay positive and continue your dreams. Your degree will be for you and your baby. I was 17 when I had my son. I was married but people still 'assumed' things about me too.....I finished school, have my life together so there's absolutely nothing impossible for you to do. Wish you the best, congrats on the baby and graduation!

• livingforthem83
    May 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    I was 17 and still in high school when I got pregnant with my first. I was 18 and had graduated by the time I had him. I am sorry to hear about the situation between you and your guy. I am now married and have 4 children and 1 on the way with the same guy(the only person I have been with). It can be hard being a teen mom but having the right support system makes it so much easier.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts