Mommy2beQua
Need a new show.... Any suggestions?
May 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
So I need a new show on delivering babies. I already watch A Baby Story. Any suggestions?

Replies

• anxiousschk
    May 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Forget the shows, watch The Business of Being Born.  You'll see the shows in a whole new light.  

I hear the book "Pushed" is really good too.  

• watsonashi
    May 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    Maternity ward
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    May 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I have heard "The business of being born" is good. But I HIGHLY suggest not watching any of the shows on satellite. Those things are awful, and mostly include unessesary inductions, and c-sections. I get mad everytime I watch those shows. Only time now I enjoy watching them is when they are showing homebirths (which isnt very often)

• sparklebug86
    May 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

for sure watch the business of being born, its on netflix and might be on hulu plus (not sure). Ive done alot of research after having my first (awful experience) but I learned so much more from that movie. 

With my first I thought the dr would do what was best for me but it really comes down to time, money and potential lawsuits. Please do your research before this baby comes. If you plan on breastfeeding, do your research on that too! I thought all boobs were created equal, boy was I wrong!!

• Heather2001
    May 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Yup, this!

Quoting sparklebug86:

for sure watch the business of being born, its on netflix and might be on hulu plus (not sure). Ive done alot of research after having my first (awful experience) but I learned so much more from that movie. 

With my first I thought the dr would do what was best for me but it really comes down to time, money and potential lawsuits. Please do your research before this baby comes. If you plan on breastfeeding, do your research on that too! I thought all boobs were created equal, boy was I wrong!!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts