Pregnancy

Featured Posts
gina6239
How sick is too sick?
May 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I had a little bit of morning sickness with DD, but nothing too bad. With this pregnancy I am soooo unbelievably sick! It starts in the middle of the night, waking me up, and lasts until evening, where I get a short reprieve. I am so also beyond exhausted. Yesterday I took a 4 hour nap from 1-5 and then went to bed at 10 and slept all night. I am graduating next week and supposed to be job hunting, but I can barely function. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do for some relief?

Replies

• brittany208
    May 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM

eating saltines constantly alll day long helped with my morning sickness. you are supposed to eat little snacks constantly. i've heard ginger ale helps too. you can google other things to try too...

how far along are you? it usually subsides in the second trimester, so if that's close....

but if nothing is helping, talk to your dr. they do have meds they can put you on if you need them

• mommi128
    May 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Keep yourself hydrated as much as possible. Ask your Dr. for anti nausea medication. BRAT diet. 

• gina6239
    May 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I am only around 5 or 6 weeks right now. I have a doctor's appointment next week so I definitely plan to talk to him about this.

Quoting brittany208:

eating saltines constantly alll day long helped with my morning sickness. you are supposed to eat little snacks constantly. i've heard ginger ale helps too. you can google other things to try too...

how far along are you? it usually subsides in the second trimester, so if that's close....

but if nothing is helping, talk to your dr. they do have meds they can put you on if you need them

• ittyprincess604
    May 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    I was really sick my first and second trimester. Make sure you stay hydrated. My dr also told me to eat really starchy foods, liked mashed potatoes, plain pasta,etc. it does help. Also if its too bad, ask your dr about Zofran. It was prescribed to me at 14 weeks and helped a bunch.
  • Devious103102
    May 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Talk to your doc about anti-nausea meds (zofran). GL!

• 5tyli5hLensT
    May 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Its normal but there are meds for it ask your doc!

• amy31308
    May 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    Yep ask your Dr for meds
  • Clemency3
    May 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You can ask your doctor for a prescription to help with your morning sickness. But with my first I never had any relief. I was throwing up day and night till about 4 1/2 months. I lost 15 pounds as well. So now they are offering this prescription to help it. 

• Lili0509
    May 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Oh Im sorry, I lost 15 lbs maybe more, at the start of this pregnancy bc of the all day sickness too. I would eat saltines...it helped a bit. The doc. also gave me some meds. for the nausea, but they told me it was normal and that it wouldn't harm the baby in any way, we're really not supposed to gain much weight til later on in the pregnancy. But yes, I know its rough, I still dont feel 100% and Im almost 7 mnths along. Hope you get to feeling better soon though!

• MMerrill
    May 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Your doctor can prescribe you something if it's that bad...

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts