Pregnancy

bonniemommy100
Cloth diaper's worth it?
May 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM

DH and I are thinking of cloth diper's this time around and we would like to hear from mommy's that have used them and the throw away kind and ask if cloth diaper's are worth it. If so where can we find some we would like to stock up now

Replies

• NDADanceMom
    May 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    They are everywhere. Target even has them. I used a diaper service and loved it.
  • 3kidz123
    May 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

They are worth it but be careful on what kind you get. Here's a few tips.

Most of the pricy ones are as good as the cheap ones

Using cotton prefolds with a cover can cause heat rash though pocket diapers don't seem to

Using a one size is a huge money saver!

If you do want to try prefolds and covers get a pocket diaper to use as a cover so if you change your mind you can just use the prefold in the pocket and no money lost.

Also if you order a 24 pack of kawaii diapers before the 18th of May using the coupon code on their site  "Happy Mother's Day" you get each one for 4 dollers and some change. They have two packs to choose from that gives you that price...the 24 pack of one size fits all pockets in ultra soft in solid colors, or the 24 pack of one size pockets in print. Each diaper comes with two inserts and the solid colors have double snaps which I like because it keeps them more secure.

I actually just ordered a 24 pack yesterday...it came to like $104 with the code plus free shipping.

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    May 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Not to me. But you will find lots of mom's who do and love it!! I considered it for this baby, but prices are rediculous. And I figured I have enough on my plate, I didn't need to add cloth diapers to the mix :)

• Raeann11
    May 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    It has saved us a ton. I love cloth diapers and wish I had done it with our first two. I got mine online.
  • willsmoms
    May 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Join the cuties with cloth booties group. They are def worth it. You spend at least 2000 one diapers I had two in cloth full time for 300 and I would wash every other day.
  • nicole2884
    May 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

i found a price comparision once  ,average parents spend around 2 g on throw away compared to 400 for cloth

that sold me, i already do laundry so what does it hurt, everyone tells me its going to be messy , im a first time mom, but im a nanny to, an throw away are messy baby poop gets messy no matter which diaper you use

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    May 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    I've been using cloth for almost 2 years & right now have two in diapers.

I really like the cottonbabies website. There are great pictures & descriptions, plus free shipping!

For my 2, we use cloth at home & disposables when we're out. I use Econobum prefolds/covers, alva baby pockets & bumgenius freetimes. We probably have about 50 total and I was e/o night.

Good luck! To me it's worth it.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    May 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I agree, cloth is no messier than disposables. Especially when you shake the poop into the toilet, there is less to wash.

Quoting nicole2884:

i found a price comparision once  ,average parents spend around 2 g on throw away compared to 400 for cloth

that sold me, i already do laundry so what does it hurt, everyone tells me its going to be messy , im a first time mom, but im a nanny to, an throw away are messy baby poop gets messy no matter which diaper you use

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    May 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Prices aren't too bad... I have slowly built my stash with $20-$30 every couple months.

Quoting NoraDun:

Not to me. But you will find lots of mom's who do and love it!! I considered it for this baby, but prices are rediculous. And I figured I have enough on my plate, I didn't need to add cloth diapers to the mix :)

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    May 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Thanks for sharing!

I have two Kawaii's so far & really like them. I feel like they are larger than some of the other OS diapers I have.

Quoting 3kidz123:

They are worth it but be careful on what kind you get. Here's a few tips.

Most of the pricy ones are as good as the cheap ones

Using cotton prefolds with a cover can cause heat rash though pocket diapers don't seem to

Using a one size is a huge money saver!

If you do want to try prefolds and covers get a pocket diaper to use as a cover so if you change your mind you can just use the prefold in the pocket and no money lost.

Also if you order a 24 pack of kawaii diapers before the 18th of May using the coupon code on their site  "Happy Mother's Day" you get each one for 4 dollers and some change. They have two packs to choose from that gives you that price...the 24 pack of one size fits all pockets in ultra soft in solid colors, or the 24 pack of one size pockets in print. Each diaper comes with two inserts and the solid colors have double snaps which I like because it keeps them more secure.

I actually just ordered a 24 pack yesterday...it came to like $104 with the code plus free shipping.

Pregnancy