Pregnancy

Cafe Jenn
How did you announce your pregnancy?
April 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Couple's Pregnancy Announcement Is So Creative You'll Want to Do Yours All Over Again (VIDEO)

by Mary Fischer 

miracle inside the box

Sniffle. Pregnancy announcements. They're so much fun and so sweet. And while many of us can't contain our excitement upon finding out we're expecting and immediately call family and friends with the great news -- others like to get a little more creative.

Like the couple who made this "Miracle Inside the Box" video to capture their loved ones reacting to the news that they have a baby on the way.

While watching their "story" unfold, I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.

Take a look, and I'm really not kidding when I say this is probably the sweetest, most innovative pregnancy announcement you'll ever see.

OMG!!!! Did you love their video, or what? In addition to anticipating each friend and/or family member's reaction -- I was dying to know what was inside the box that had them gasping with joy.

Ok, so maybe used pregnancy tests are a tad on the gross side (being that they were peed on and all), but you gotta admit -- overall, this video was nothing short of adorable.

I loved it. To the point where I almost wish I were pregnant again so I could try something similar when telling people the big news. (Well, not really, but if I could go back in time, I might give something like this a whirl.)

How did you announce your pregnancy?

Image via Raul Betancourt/Vimeo

Replies

• kgmmw
    by kgmmw
    April 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    This is number 4 for us. I sent him a text with a pic of the positive pregnancy test.
  • k9l1c5
    by k9l1c5
    April 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I didn't really have an announcement. I just told people.

• leahsmom0201
    April 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    With family members we just told them but when we were ready to tell everyone we went on fb! This easter we took a pic of an easter egg and told people to "like" the egg for a surprise and posted the test pic! Asked for 16 likes because I was 16 weeks! :) it was fun!
  • ktcat217
    April 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    We haven't yet! But I get my first u/s next week and we're going to put it in a picture frame, paint "coming December 2013" on it, and give them to the grandparents as presents!
  • mommy2two25
    April 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    We told our parents but on Facebook we announced with our two kids holding the ultrasound picture. It was very cute :)
  • millafpcosta
    April 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

After 3 years TTC this was my first round with REAL fertilization drugs (other than clomid). Husband said that if we didnt get our BFP we were going to get a puppy. I named the Puppy Chanel. lol

This is how I told him:

No family of facebook annoucement yet! I had a mc in Jan so we are taking things slow this time.

• smorgan865
    April 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My hubby was right there when I took the test. He freaked out (happy) when he saw 2 lines. We tried for 2 years and it was SUCH a happy moment.

This is what we sent to family and friends:

• Jess4907
    April 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    This is my second child but the first with my fiancé. I told my mom first, I got a baby brag book and wrote pics coming June 2013 put it in a gift bag and gave it to her. I told my fiancé by putting a bun in the oven and told him to go check on the dinner in the oven. Then we told his family by getting a shirt made that said "see you in June" across the stomach...it took awhile for them to get it lol.

Oh and I made the announcement on Facebook by posting "preheat oven 40 weeks, insert bun, set timer for June 9th"
  • KittyTussand
    April 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

this is what we did for our second.  With our first i didnt htink about a cute annoucment i just called everyone!!

• heartagram_girl
    April 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

LOL this is our first, and it was just a suprise  for me that I wouldnt wait to tell DH. I waited till he just woke up, and got up to use the bathroom. He just took his first puff of his morning cig, and I said "T-----, I think I am pregnant." The look on his face was priceless. He was just waking up and then heard the news LOL.

We told his parents and my family that afternoon- he didnt want to wait. After I went to the doc and got it confirmed, we just told everyone else.

Pregnancy