Pregnancy

Ruffnekwife87
Can pets tell your pregnant?????
April 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Mobile Photo

I would say yes!!! This is my 9 month old blue nose pit bull Dixie. I have not seen her in a month in a half. She just got here today and she will NOT leave my belly. She will do what it takes to be RIGHT next to my belly (oh ya she is not allowed on the bed but she "needs" to be by my belly) love my puppy!!

Replies

• Racheldp20
    April 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I think so...I've had dogs and cats at my family's house be more attentive to that part of me...then again, maybe they just like that we're human heaters, but I bet they can sense it.

• MrsThebus
    April 10, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    With my first pregnancy my dog Sassy that I had since I was 10 years old would follow me EVERYWHERE! She never let me out of her sight while I was home, even went in the bathroom with me. So, yes I think they can tell! I miss her so much too, she had to be put to sleep a few years ago.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    April 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    I think so
  • was2now3
    April 10, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    My dogs have always acted weird when i was pregnant. Our puppy now will actually lay ON my stomach lol
  • was2now3
    April 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Mobile Photo

• Mommy2BeHickman
    April 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM

That's super cute!  My dog started acting differen't once I started showing.  She wants nothing more than to lay her head and/or body on my belly.  She used to be okay with just laying next to me, but now its like she is protecting it.  I fully agree that dogs can tell :)

• Pookie988
    April 10, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    I have cats and they just annoy me and act the same as always! They don't want to be near me too much! They run from me a lot more too and I just want to boot them out but my heart is too big and won't be able to do it;( have 3 so nervous what they will do when baby comes
  • LilliesValley
    April 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    Depends on the animal. None of ours seem clued in. When I was pregnant with dd I had a cat who seemed to know but he has since past.
  • SkylarBeth
    April 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    Im 100i positive that dogs know, im not saying its this way for every dog and child but i yhink thry are wrong when they say a dog is a mans best friend, i think a dog is a babies best friend in womb and out
  • Ginnygurl97
    April 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    Mine did. For both of my pregnancies. She's my best friend in the whole world though. Had since I was 15 and I'm 30 now. She's also my kids guardian protector. She's always been up my butt though in a way :-). I love her!!! She's my only daughter :-)

Pregnancy