bressmommy2012
Losing weight after giving birth
April 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Hey girls, I'm due to give birth on May 5th, currently 36 weeks pregnant. I had my first baby last March and these two will be 13 months apart. I'm having trouble figuring out how to lose weight though, I'm overweight right now and would like to get back to where I was before I got pregnant. I need to lose about 50 pounds, I weighed 115 when I got pregnant the first time, went up to 145 and couldn't lose all that weight before I got pregnant again, now I'm up to 165 and would like to lose the 50 pounds I gained while pregnant. I don't have to lose all of it just most of it, like say I got around 120 that'd be fine. I just want to lose weight, I hate being fat and feel so ugly being fat. Is there anything I should do to lose weight? I have never had to lose weight before, now I do.

Replies

• MsGrayciesMommy
    April 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I use pinterest to get motivation and different exercises to stay interested. But walking is the best exercise. Especially if you can find somewhere to walk while pushing your babies in a stroller. That'd be great!
  • tjane3000
    April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    Breast feeding helps a ton! Also, it will be nice out so walks with the little one are a great option.
  • bressmommy2012
    April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

How long should my walks be for? That sounds like a great idea too, I just got a double stroller as a gift and plan on using that a lot. I think I just need some motovation.

• Pandapanda
    April 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Breastfeed, eat healthy, exercise. 

And btw, 165 isn't fat. if 165 is fat, then I'm morbidly obese (I started out 110lbs with my first pregnancy and was 200lbs when my second was born.... and I'm 156 with #3...)

Stop being so hard on yourself. 

• kbear1992
    April 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    I'm on my first baby and I've gained quite a bit I think I went from 120ish pp and I now weigh about 170 :/ I feel huge and Ill be 35 weeks tomorrow
  • bressmommy2012
    April 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Thanks I plan on doing those three things.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Breastfeed, eat healthy, exercise. 

And btw, 165 isn't fat. if 165 is fat, then I'm morbidly obese (I started out 110lbs with my first pregnancy and was 200lbs when my second was born.... and I'm 156 with #3...)

Stop being so hard on yourself. 

• MsGrayciesMommy
    April 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I took a fitness class in college. The instructor recommended about an hour daily. But longer if you're not doing other exercise. It seems like a lot, butjust enjoy the time out and fresh air, iit'll fly:)

Quoting bressmommy2012:

How long should my walks be for? That sounds like a great idea too, I just got a double stroller as a gift and plan on using that a lot. I think I just need some motovation.

• bressmommy2012
    April 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I think I could do an hour and if it's raining out or something I could take the bus to the mall and walk around inside the mall. Should I do this before I have the baby too or wait until after I have the baby?

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

I took a fitness class in college. The instructor recommended about an hour daily. But longer if you're not doing other exercise. It seems like a lot, butjust enjoy the time out and fresh air, iit'll fly:)

Quoting bressmommy2012:

• sarah427
    April 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    Diet has a lot to do with it too. If you eat fatty foods, opt for light replacements. Instead of chips, eat fruit or veggies. Drink a lot of water. And the big one everyone seems to hate-consistent exercise! If your not sweating, it probably isn't working! Good luck!
  • Hopen
    by Hopen
    April 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I lost all my baby weight after the quads plus 20 pounds.  All I did was pump milk for them several times a day.  However, they were also in the NICU for nearly 3 months so I did a lot of running back and forth and a lot of walking....hope that helps.  OH! and lots and lots of water!  Best of luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts