Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Nicole.Brown
Opening gifts at a baby shower...
April 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I'm expecting about 75-100 people at my baby shower :/ we have to rent out a place it's crazy .. Anywho I really don't wanna open ALL OF THOSE gifts but I can see how people may feel it's rude or ungrateful.

So I came up with two ideas:

Opening gifts as the people walk in
Opening gifts table by table...

What do you think? Did you open presents?

Replies

• worship
    by worship
    April 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    Have them hold on to gifts and hand out number tickets as walk in then call out numbers and then can bring up gifts play games in between
  • iamcafemom83
    April 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    I like the table by table idea. Make sure someone follows you to hot down thank you notes list.

I had 4 showers (between family, friends and both of our jobs) with my first....I've never had to write soooo many thank you notes!
  • GirlWithANikon
    April 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Don't open go table to table and thank instead. 

• cherylw993
    April 8, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I enjoyed opening my gifts.  I started as they were serving dessert and people just ate and chatted. I would think that going table to table would take forever.  And opening as they walk in the door doesn't seem right, It's almost like saying thanks for my gift, you can go now if you want. Just my opinion.

• jaden332
    April 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I had 120 at my shower. Here's how we did it:

We served food, while people ate I socialized.

The I spent about 20 mins opening gifts.

Then we played a game.

Then I spent another 20 mins opening gifts.

Then we played a longer game, decorate a cloth diaper contest. While the guest were decorating I opened more gifts. I would call out who they were from so they could watch me open if they wished.

Then after the game I spent more time talking to my guest.

Finally we I opened gifts until everyone was gone. Most people ended up staying to see me open the gifts but we made an annoucement that they were ok to leave if they wanted or they could fellowship and have some coffee.

Hope that helps :)

• aimhawk
    by aimhawk
    April 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM

A lot of people I know are asking for their gifts to be unwrapped, then having note cards for the guests to write their gifts to you so you can thank them individually later on.

• mammabear413
    April 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    I think I should have asked for no wrapping. Just bows. That's what my cousin did went quick

Or have few friends open gifts n pass them with the card. For the ones that were wrapped went quick. You could also open gifts from people. Not not it mom or sister or best friends. U can save that for home
  • 1st_time_mom789
    April 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM

This is what I plan on doing when baby #2 gets here. When I had my baby shower with DD, DF and I opened presents during dessert. It worked out for the better. 

Quoting AmericanChild82:

I would designate a couple people to help you open gifts. With each of those people have another person to write down what the gift was and who it's from so you can send out thank you notes later on. If you have an older child you could have them help open gifts and your dh as well if he'll be there.

• momofamamasboy
    April 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Just went to a baby shower yesterday. What I liked about the presents part was not having the gifts passed around for everyone to oh and ah. Those are the showers that go forever. They got to business opened and showed and then put them back in the bags and moved on. It was pretty speeding.
  • MommaTasha1003
    April 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Give them a bingo game to play while ur opening gifts (they fill out a bingo card of items they think u will get.... And open presents while they eat cake....

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts