Pregnancy

Nicole.Brown
Opening gifts at a baby shower...
April 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I'm expecting about 75-100 people at my baby shower :/ we have to rent out a place it's crazy .. Anywho I really don't wanna open ALL OF THOSE gifts but I can see how people may feel it's rude or ungrateful.

So I came up with two ideas:

Opening gifts as the people walk in
Opening gifts table by table...

What do you think? Did you open presents?

Replies

• EcoModernMom
    April 7, 2013 at 9:21 PM

let them play shower games and eat food while you open.

• Heather2001
    April 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No advice, but I wish I had your problem, lol!

• Heather2001
    April 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Good advice!

Quoting EcoModernMom:

let them play shower games and eat food while you open.

• goobersmom713
    April 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

with that many i would do the table idea.

• cowgirls10181
    April 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    How about a gift opening time where everyone picks a gift and then sits back down, then each individual gets to unwrap the gift and pass it around the circle, make sure names are added to each gift when unwrapping the item.
  • Devious103102
    April 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Set aside a specific time for everyone to sit and eat and while everyone's sitting and eating you could open gifts at the same time. That way, by the time gifts are done, it'll be dessert time.

• bebe_ju-rah
    April 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    I opened presents all at once but I only had about 15 people at mine. Table by table sounds like a good idea though :)
  • EmmaZate
    April 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Maybe have a "No Wrap" Policy printed on the Invites. that way you see what people brought as they bring it, and can thank them, without spending hours opening gifts.

• CABZS
    by CABZS
    April 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM

For my bridal shower I opened as they came in & the gifts were displayed on a table w/name of who they were from.

• stagemom98
    April 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I like the idea of going table to table.  That way it allows everyone else to feel free to socialize as they wish while they wait but also gives each individual special time while you open their gifts.

Pregnancy