Nicole.Brown
Opening gifts at a baby shower...
April 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I'm expecting about 75-100 people at my baby shower :/ we have to rent out a place it's crazy .. Anywho I really don't wanna open ALL OF THOSE gifts but I can see how people may feel it's rude or ungrateful.

So I came up with two ideas:

Opening gifts as the people walk in
Opening gifts table by table...

What do you think? Did you open presents?

Replies

• bad_mama2011
    April 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My MIL threw us a HUGE shower, I couldn't believe how many people came! I felt really awkward being the center of attention and opening up presents in front of a room full of people. Table by table sounds like a good idea, that way you can talk to each person that brought you a gift and hug them.

• LilliesValley
    April 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    That is a lot of people. I think you still need to sit there and open them. It's not their fault you invited so many people.
  • heathermarie23
    April 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

You don't have to open the gifts in front of people... if you don't I would suggest you send out personalized thank you cards... thank you for the "blah blah blah" so they know you did open and appreciate their gift... I didn't have a baby shower with my first... with my 2nd I had my 1st open the gifts.. he loved it and it took him no time at all.  If you didn't send out the shower invites yet you can request they not wrap the gifts, and just have a display table?!  I don't know... sorry :-/

• caitipenn
    April 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    My sil had the same situation n we just announced if anyone really wished the gift to b open then to bring it up front only about 10 ppl brought their present up so it worked out.
  • 2timezthefun
    April 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    My first horns were twins and it took us a good hour and a half to open everything I was exhausted just from that
  • Raeann11
    April 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

We talked, played a few games and then opened gifts. That is how it is at every baby shower I have been at.

• xLilBit22
    April 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    Oh man. Thats what i was thinking too we have invited over 100ppl and many of them plan to come even though the center holds 50-60ppl we are screwed lol. I dont like being the center of attention but ill be sucking it up that day besides my shower will only be about 3hrs long so games food desert/presents and get the eff out so i can leave lol
  • NDADanceMom
    April 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    My sisters shower is like that. We are planning on doing it in shifts. Open a few. Play a game. Open more. Eat. Etc.
  • lillucky8
    April 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    Thats what a friend did, it worked out well
  • amy31308
    April 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Ehh I'd just open while they eat desert and they'll sit around and talk anyways. You'll have about 3 old woman who actually watch EVERY gift you open and love every second of it lol
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts