Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Nicole.Brown
Opening gifts at a baby shower...
April 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I'm expecting about 75-100 people at my baby shower :/ we have to rent out a place it's crazy .. Anywho I really don't wanna open ALL OF THOSE gifts but I can see how people may feel it's rude or ungrateful.

So I came up with two ideas:

Opening gifts as the people walk in
Opening gifts table by table...

What do you think? Did you open presents?

Replies

• marissabrookee
    April 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I opened presents, took about an hour lol it sucked.

• Nicole.Brown
    April 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    I feel like it's gonna take us 2 hours

Quoting marissabrookee:

I opened presents, took about an hour lol it sucked.

• ajohnson08099
    April 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    Ehhh id personally would have to suck it up. Because true no one cares really until you do it the "wrong way"
  • meam4444
    April 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I opened gifts...we just had everyone sit and watch.  We usually did it kind of around dessert time, so people could eat versus feeling like they had to watch. kwim?

• brittany208
    April 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I like this idea. Otherwise just sitting and watching you open THAT many presents would get very boring very fast. especially if you will have small children at your shower.

Quoting meam4444:

I opened gifts...we just had everyone sit and watch.  We usually did it kind of around dessert time, so people could eat versus feeling like they had to watch. kwim?

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    April 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM

holy cow thats a lot of people! I would open towards the end that way people can start leaving if they want and eat cake

• yessie.xo
    April 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Play a game while opening them? Such as baby bingo. Im not having near as many ppl at mine & i think i may do that!
  • goddiddlyumshis
    April 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    That's how many were at mine for my first- insanity! my mom and grandmother made me sit in front of all the people and open gifts one by one. o. . . m. . g! hated it! lol.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    April 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    Good idea

Quoting meam4444:

• AmericanChild82
    April 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would designate a couple people to help you open gifts. With each of those people have another person to write down what the gift was and who it's from so you can send out thank you notes later on. If you have an older child you could have them help open gifts and your dh as well if he'll be there.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN