Pregnancy

marissabrookee
2nd baby shower? yes or no?
April 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
This will be my second child, my DD will be 5 in June. This will be my SO's first child, so is it okay to have a second baby shower? Or is that tacky?

Replies

• kris0921
    April 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Its not trashy if thats what you are asking. Here are my rules as to having a second shower and it being ok: 1. If the second child is a different gender (mine was). 2. If there is more then 4yrs between the children. 3. If this baby is the first baby for one of the parents. I follow these rules when getting things for people having a second shower as well. But if they are having a second shower, and they are not in one of the three I listed, I just buy a pack of diapers and wipes.

• marissabrookee
    April 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

well I am 2 of those 3 things so far! we'll find out the 3rd in june or july.

Quoting kris0921:

Its not trashy if thats what you are asking. Here are my rules as to having a second shower and it being ok: 1. If the second child is a different gender (mine was). 2. If there is more then 4yrs between the children. 3. If this baby is the first baby for one of the parents. I follow these rules when getting things for people having a second shower as well. But if they are having a second shower, and they are not in one of the three I listed, I just buy a pack of diapers and wipes.

• kris0921
    April 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I was the first one. There are 17 months between my kids. I didnt call it a shower though, I said pamper party. Even though people bought tons of clothes, I was more wanting diapers and wipes.

Quoting marissabrookee:

well I am 2 of those 3 things so far! we'll find out the 3rd in june or july.

Quoting kris0921:

• DKk0531
    by DKk0531
    April 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    I think its tacky to throw another for yourself. But i think if someone is offering it would be rude to tell them no. My best friend has already said she wants to throw me one because she couldnt with my first, i would never tell her no because its tacky. But ME MYSELF, i would never throw myself a baby shower.

Pregnancy