Pregnancy

Featured Posts
mama91605
another progesterone question
March 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My ob put me on it last Friday, 200mg orally. It gave me debilitating migraine so I call the nurse line on sat and she said dont take it again until I talked to my ob. I called yesterday and my ob is out for spring break so they had the other ob call in 100mg and the when the nurse called she said I could take it orally or vaginal. Which on would have the least aide effects. I really would rather take it orally but am scared to death to get another migraine from it. What would you do?

Replies

• KristinCarr
    March 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    I would def try it vaginally
  • Devious103102
    March 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

IDK, I just finished 100mg orally and oy!  I thought everything I was having was normal (horrible) pregnancy issues but the MW told me it was more than likely from the prog.  GL girl.

• momto1ryen
    March 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Never had sorry, but call and ask. Heck you pay them plenty of money to have a baby. Ask them all the questions you need. GL momma!

• mama91605
    March 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    The morning after I took it I woke up sick as well as the migraine. It was horrible. So I feel great this morning and I took it vaginally last night. I wish she would have told me that to begin with.

Quoting Devious103102:

IDK, I just finished 100mg orally and oy!  I thought everything I was having was normal (horrible) pregnancy issues but the MW told me it was more than likely from the prog.  GL girl.

• mama91605
    March 20, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    I did ask them :). I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiance with taking orally vs vaginally. I don't always trust something because a doc says it, kwim.

Quoting momto1ryen:

Never had sorry, but call and ask. Heck you pay them plenty of money to have a baby. Ask them all the questions you need. GL momma!

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    March 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Vaginal is the way to go-drippiness is the oNLY side effect I had. Solved by using a panty liner. My Ob doesn't do oral, because it has side effects. And he feels vaginal works faster, which is important depending on why you are using it.

• mama91605
    March 20, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    Thank you. I wish she would have told me that to begin with. I tryed it last night and feel great today.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Vaginal is the way to go-drippiness is the oNLY side effect I had. Solved by using a panty liner. My Ob doesn't do oral, because it has side effects. And he feels vaginal works faster, which is important depending on why you are using it.

• Augmama2be
    March 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I was on 400mg and had to take it before bed because otherwise I felt like I was riding the teacups at Disney, lol. But I took mine orally. Good luck!!

• amy31308
    March 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    Oh goodness. Definitely vaginally! That's how I took mine.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts