Pregnancy

true-love-21
is it normal for me to be this tired??? plz help
February 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I ate two tacos and an ice sweet tea and I am so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open. I don't take any meds etc. I hope its not signs of geatational diabetes, I didn't have any complications with my last pregnancy.

Replies

• brittany208
    February 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

how far along are you? tiredness is VERY normal in pregnancy. especially if you might be coming down with any of the sicknesses that are going around right now.

• KristinCarr
    February 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    When i was in my first trimester i was insanely tired. When i took my GED test i fell asleep during it lol
  • Amycapl
    by Amycapl
    February 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

i feel like a narcoleptic most of the time.

• ajohnson08099
    February 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    I'm a zombie!! Any time I can sleep I do lol as I see it it'll be some of my last chances for the next lifetime or so lol
  • true-love-21
    February 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    I'm only 3 months lol

Quoting brittany208:

how far along are you? tiredness is VERY normal in pregnancy. especially if you might be coming down with any of the sicknesses that are going around right now.

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    Very normal.

Your body is working very hard to make a baby.
  • xLilBit22
    February 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Let me tell u many people say u get energy back when ur in ur second trimester well im 5months and i am still mostly tired. I could be okay for a few hrs then after all i wanna do is sleep lol. Especially after i eat. Just take advantage and sleep bc when baby comes im sure we will be up alot lol
  • Mrs.Andrews
    February 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

That does sound like you may have high blood sugar. How far along are you?

• true-love-21
    February 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    I'm 3 months. I have only got that tired twice before, its not like I get like that everytime idk lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

That does sound like you may have high blood sugar. How far along are you?

• 40sandPreg
    February 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Totally normal.

About a week after I found out I was pregnant I started sleeping like 10 to 12 hours a night and taking naps during the day.  It wasn't until I started reading about pregnancy on Whattoexpect.com that I read excessive fatigue and sleepiness are one of the 1st trimester symptoms (like nausea) that I reallized it was normal.  I thought there was really something wrong & told every doctor I had to see how tired I was and they all just said, 'well that's normal' so no I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with you.

I also still get really sleepy after I eat most of the time & I'm 23 weeks now.  Like xlilbit said it's supposed to go away after the first trimester, and it's eased up, but I'm still not 'normal' energy level.

Pregnancy