Pregnancy

Featured Posts
SJGMommy
I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)
February 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

Replies

• x_Starr_x
    February 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    this happens pretty often in pregnancy.
  • Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    February 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM

sounds like it's all pretty normal to happen during pregnancy...what did your OB say the first time?

• SJGMommy
    February 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That the yeast infection was normal but she didnt understand why they were so severe and why nothing would clear them up

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    February 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

have you spoken with her this time about them? I am just wondering if she can give you something to prevent rather than treat? KWIM?

Quoting SJGMommy:

That the yeast infection was normal but she didnt understand why they were so severe and why nothing would clear them up

• SJGMommy
    February 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No, not yet. I see her next week.

• coffeemom37043
    February 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Maybe you should go for a second opinion. Another doctor may have different solutions and one of them may just work

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    I agree!

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Maybe you should go for a second opinion. Another doctor may have different solutions and one of them may just work

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    Hope you figure it out!
  • Pandapanda
    February 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It sounds like this might just be something you experience while pregnant. :( Have you maybe considered getting a second opinion from a different doctor?

• jamamama00
    February 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I had this issue all four pregnancies! Suuuuucks. Some people are just very sensitive to hormones. Two weird things that helped: I stopped shaving my vag (gross I know, but it worked) and Benadryll anti-itch cream on my lips (Yup, those lips.) Helped a lot!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN