Featured Posts
SJGMommy
I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)
February 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

Replies

• x_Starr_x
    February 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    this happens pretty often in pregnancy.
  • Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    February 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM

sounds like it's all pretty normal to happen during pregnancy...what did your OB say the first time?

• SJGMommy
    February 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That the yeast infection was normal but she didnt understand why they were so severe and why nothing would clear them up

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    February 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

have you spoken with her this time about them? I am just wondering if she can give you something to prevent rather than treat? KWIM?

Quoting SJGMommy:

That the yeast infection was normal but she didnt understand why they were so severe and why nothing would clear them up

• SJGMommy
    February 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No, not yet. I see her next week.

• coffeemom37043
    February 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Maybe you should go for a second opinion. Another doctor may have different solutions and one of them may just work

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    I agree!

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Maybe you should go for a second opinion. Another doctor may have different solutions and one of them may just work

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    Hope you figure it out!
  • Pandapanda
    February 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It sounds like this might just be something you experience while pregnant. :( Have you maybe considered getting a second opinion from a different doctor?

• jamamama00
    February 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I had this issue all four pregnancies! Suuuuucks. Some people are just very sensitive to hormones. Two weird things that helped: I stopped shaving my vag (gross I know, but it worked) and Benadryll anti-itch cream on my lips (Yup, those lips.) Helped a lot!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts