candicane13
Clomid + FSH has anyone done this and conceive???
February 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Im just curious if anyone has done this... im starting soon.. ive been trying to conceive for a year now with no success. Only tried clomid all the way up to 150 mg... body didn't respond... then took a three month break to take metformin...

Replies

• nicole2884
    February 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM

i have only tried clomid an i hated it, i concieved with femara 2.5 mg an the hcg trigger shot first try

im not sure what fsh is, sorry

try the ttc group

• candicane13
    February 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Where can I find that? TTC group? And FSH is injectables
  • lil_momma513
    February 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I tried to get pregnant for 3 1/2 years before I went to the doctor. In August, I took clomid, and did the FSH shots, didn't do the IUI or anything else.. just clomid+fsh, and got pregnant that first month!! My little boy is due may 16th, and I have had a very healthy pregnancy! =] hope that gives you a little hope, GOOD LUCK !!!

• candicane13
    February 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Thank you... im new to the fsh.. I will start sunday... but starting tomorrow I will begin clomid 100mg cd 3-7... day cd 8-9 fsh then go in for scan... I hope and pray this is my month!!! And congratulation on your baby... :) im not doing iui just timed BD.. if you dont mind me asking how did your journey begin? Could tou ovulate on your own? ... ect.. my problem I dont ovulate ... irregular periods... basically just cant get my stubborn eggs to move! Im always on metformin 1500 daily... please share your journey I would love to know!!! Thank u

Quoting lil_momma513:

I tried to get pregnant for 3 1/2 years before I went to the doctor. In August, I took clomid, and did the FSH shots, didn't do the IUI or anything else.. just clomid+fsh, and got pregnant that first month!! My little boy is due may 16th, and I have had a very healthy pregnancy! =] hope that gives you a little hope, GOOD LUCK !!!

• lil_momma513
    February 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Well, I DID ovulate each cycle, my periods were always a little late though, but my eggs were too immature to be fertilized... she had monitored me the month before just to watch my cycle.. although I had somewhat reg periods (they usually came CD 31-36), I ovulated late, and even then the eggs were immature. so she started me on clomid on day 5 instead of 3, I took it through day 9, then I went in on day 12 and my eggs were STILL not where they needed to be, that was when she gave me the FSH to inject on day 13 and 14. I went in on day 14, and she said I had 2 perfect eggs that would drop within 12-24 hours (which would be day 14 or 15 of my cycle), and one other one that wasn't as perfect but would drop around the same time.. so hubby and I had been BDing every day (once a day) just to be sure, we did that through day 17, and then waited 2 weeks. I tested at home a few days early (on my birthday) and it was negative, so I was depressed all day, and then on the day my period was due, I went in and had a blood test done. I hadn't even bought or taken any more pregnancy tests because I was just SURE I wasn't pregnant, she called me a few hours after I had the blood drawn, and told me I was pregnant! I was shocked, to say the least- I never thought my day would finally come.. it was a long, hard journey! 2 days after finding out, I went in again to make sure my hormone levels were doubling (they were) 3 weeks after that, I had my first ultrasound (I was considered 7 weeks pregnant) and I saw that there was just one baby- so of the 3 eggs, only one took- which I was very greatful for, it was amazing to hear that heartbeat! If you have any other questions/concerns feel free to ask =] hope you get your BFP

Quoting candicane13:

Thank you... im new to the fsh.. I will start sunday... but starting tomorrow I will begin clomid 100mg cd 3-7... day cd 8-9 fsh then go in for scan... I hope and pray this is my month!!! And congratulation on your baby... :) im not doing iui just timed BD.. if you dont mind me asking how did your journey begin? Could tou ovulate on your own? ... ect.. my problem I dont ovulate ... irregular periods... basically just cant get my stubborn eggs to move! Im always on metformin 1500 daily... please share your journey I would love to know!!! Thank u

Quoting lil_momma513:

• candicane13
    February 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Aww... thanks that is amazing!!!! Did you have any side affects from injections? Im starting out with a dose of 75... for two days then go in for a scan to see how im doing... the injections are very expensive my ins didn't cover... but I prayed and prayed about having a baby.. and he answered my prayers. .. I went in for a follow up about me and the metformin which did get my periods to return cuz they was all out of wack... but the dr told me some women from time to time donate the meds when they dont need them anymore some women ins pays for meds or some women have that kind of money.... so I received my meds for free... I bout cried tears of joy! To the dr... cuz I couldn't believe it... so I have to say im truly blessed... and still praying for a BFP... :) thank you for sharing your experience.... u give me hope! Im a bot nervous about the injection but I gotta suck it up.. lol I always have an hcg injection once the eggs get to where they need to be... which I had to pay for that.. but at least I got the FSH. Free... I was quoted $1200 for 1200ui... its a lot but when you want a baby some kind of bad and your body is against u... sometimes u have to do what u gotta do... because me and my husband was considering it... even tho its not promised to get pg... at least I know it would be worth the try! :)

Quoting lil_momma513:

Well, I DID ovulate each cycle, my periods were always a little late though, but my eggs were too immature to be fertilized... she had monitored me the month before just to watch my cycle.. although I had somewhat reg periods (they usually came CD 31-36), I ovulated late, and even then the eggs were immature. so she started me on clomid on day 5 instead of 3, I took it through day 9, then I went in on day 12 and my eggs were STILL not where they needed to be, that was when she gave me the FSH to inject on day 13 and 14. I went in on day 14, and she said I had 2 perfect eggs that would drop within 12-24 hours (which would be day 14 or 15 of my cycle), and one other one that wasn't as perfect but would drop around the same time.. so hubby and I had been BDing every day (once a day) just to be sure, we did that through day 17, and then waited 2 weeks. I tested at home a few days early (on my birthday) and it was negative, so I was depressed all day, and then on the day my period was due, I went in and had a blood test done. I hadn't even bought or taken any more pregnancy tests because I was just SURE I wasn't pregnant, she called me a few hours after I had the blood drawn, and told me I was pregnant! I was shocked, to say the least- I never thought my day would finally come.. it was a long, hard journey! 2 days after finding out, I went in again to make sure my hormone levels were doubling (they were) 3 weeks after that, I had my first ultrasound (I was considered 7 weeks pregnant) and I saw that there was just one baby- so of the 3 eggs, only one took- which I was very greatful for, it was amazing to hear that heartbeat! If you have any other questions/concerns feel free to ask =] hope you get your BFP

Quoting candicane13:

Quoting lil_momma513:

• lil_momma513
    February 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Aww thats awesome you got the meds for free- those injections ARE very expensive! I actually did not have any side effects from the FSH- I thought it didnt work because other than the pain of injecting it, I felt nothing afterwards. I DID get the clomid crazies though. I think it was on my 3rd day of taking clomid that I was driving home from work- crying, because I had had a long day at work and I was tired of things not going right in my life (clomid made me very emotional- and a tad bipolar) anyways so I got angry at someone going slow in front of me, sped through the bike lane next to the road and got in front of them- only for it to end of being an undercover cop who pulled me over and was PISSED, until he saw me sobbing my eyes out as I incoherently tried to give him an explanation... he looked at me dumbfounded and was like "Fine, just go.." haha.. ahhh the things we do for a baby.. but I would have done it all again if it hadn't worked the first time- just keep trying and you will eventually find something that works for your body

Quoting candicane13:

Aww... thanks that is amazing!!!! Did you have any side affects from injections? Im starting out with a dose of 75... for two days then go in for a scan to see how im doing... the injections are very expensive my ins didn't cover... but I prayed and prayed about having a baby.. and he answered my prayers. .. I went in for a follow up about me and the metformin which did get my periods to return cuz they was all out of wack... but the dr told me some women from time to time donate the meds when they dont need them anymore some women ins pays for meds or some women have that kind of money.... so I received my meds for free... I bout cried tears of joy! To the dr... cuz I couldn't believe it... so I have to say im truly blessed... and still praying for a BFP... :) thank you for sharing your experience.... u give me hope! Im a bot nervous about the injection but I gotta suck it up.. lol I always have an hcg injection once the eggs get to where they need to be... which I had to pay for that.. but at least I got the FSH. Free... I was quoted $1200 for 1200ui... its a lot but when you want a baby some kind of bad and your body is against u... sometimes u have to do what u gotta do... because me and my husband was considering it... even tho its not promised to get pg... at least I know it would be worth the try! :)

Quoting lil_momma513:

Quoting candicane13:

Quoting lil_momma513:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts