trendy2
Measuring bigger...
by trendy2
February 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Posting this for a friend.  I have a friend who is 25 weeks pregnant.  She had her OB visit today and he told her that she is measuring 3 weeks futher along than her u/s is showing.  She is worried.  Has anyone had expierience with this and what was the cause?  She is supposed to have another u/s next Monday.  She knows when she got pregnant and she should be right at 25 weeks so that's not the issue. 

Replies

• meam4444
    February 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It can happen.  I've measured smaller and bigger before by four weeks.  All in all, baby checked out just fine along with my fluid level.  My midwife just passes it off on how baby is laying along with my body type.

• Bethbeth
    February 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I wouldn't be worried at all. Those measurements don't mean very much. Relax.

• jazmyne052010
    February 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I measured big with all my kids. "Normal" for me is 2 weeks ahead of my gestation. All 4 kids were healthy. This time its twins. Can't imagine how big I'll be this time lol.

• Raeann11
    February 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I measure big with all my pregnancy's. For my first I was always 2 weeks, 2nd was always 4 weeks and my third I was 2-5 weeks. At the last two appointments I was 5 weeks.My first two it was extra fluid and my uterus is all in the front. My third it was because she was bigger and my uterus was all in the front again. It was never a concern even with my second that was the only one with a Dr and hospital birth.

Measurements can be off by human error, extra or low fluid, estimated due date is a bit off, growth spurts, where the baby is localed, where the uterus is too. So many things play into it.

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    February 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

It doesn't usually mean anything. I measured 5-6 weeks ahead with my oldest. I have a short torso, he was 8lbs 8oz at birth, and he was breech - all of those things (plus fluid levels etc.) can affect the measurements. They are not an exact science.

I measured behind for two of my other kids, and right on for the last one.

• nicole2884
    February 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM

i measured larger right off the bat

i went in for my first ultrasound i thought for sure i was 7w4d i had been using fertility drugs an i know i had to ovulate on either the 26 or 27th had to, but i measured 8w2d

her baby is probably just growing fast i would not worry at all

• Ruffnekwife87
    February 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    I have 5 different due dates all of then in 3 different months the dates ranged from Dec 27th, Feb 16th she was born Jan 3rd she started off super small and ended up growing faster then ever. They estimated that she was about a month premature but born 8lbs 10oz.
  • kelly617
    February 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Yep
    At my 30wk appointment I was measuring 33wks...until the end of my pregnancy my son measured 3-4wks ahead...
    he was born completely healthy at 39wks 5 days (labor started on its own, i wasn't induced) and he was 8lbs 8oz (so not huge)

It just happens. It can be due to baby's position in the womb...like my son never dropped he stayed VERY high even until I was in labor. Or baby could be a little big...my son was considered "big" because the average for babies is like 7lbs...so even though I didn't think he was big...he was a lb and a half bigger than the average.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts