Jamie0121
C-Section...
February 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I had a csection after 12 hours of labor. I dialated to 9 3/4 before having to have the csection so I pretty much went through full vaginal labor before having to have a csection. Now I am having a really hard time recovering. I am exhausted constantly and soooo sore from my belly button down to my incision. It has been 3 1/2 weeks since I gave birth to my daughter. Ive called the doctor and he says its normal. =( Does anyone have any experience with this? How did you cope? The pain is so bad it hurts to hold my daughter, Im on pain meds but Im pretty sure they have stopped working for me. =(

Replies

• WonderWomanSV
    February 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Just curious, why did you end up with a csection?
    My pain meds worked well for me. I remember being in a med induced haze for weeks. Im sorry recovery is being hard on you. I hope you have some help.
  • Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    February 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I never needed anything more than ibuprofen with either c-section...everyone is different BUT I don't think that's normal (personally). I was totally fine after with both around 2 weeks PP, my incision hurt still for a while as far as tingles and numbness but I never had issues holding my kids.

• MMerrill
    February 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Some women it takes longer, make sure you are up and walking but at your OWN pace.  Walking will help speed recovery, also resting enough will too.  You have to find a balance.  I didn't fully heal until 4-5 weeks.  You'll get there, some women it takes the full 6 or even 8 weeks.  Remember that it's MAJOR abdominal surgery!  Hang in there mama!

• avaana06
    February 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I had something similar. I had one twin vaginal and then had the 2nd csection. It was a very very painful recovery, but the best thing I did to help me heal was to get up and walk around. I remember being light headed when I would be standing in one spot for too long and my stomach hurt for quite some time. I stopped taking pain meds given by the doctor and just took Tylenol and ibuprofen on and off.

• Pandapanda
    February 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM

You may be interested in these links:

Emotional Recovery After Cesarean

C-Section Recovery Tips

• kris0921
    February 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    I just kept complaining to my Dr the pain meds werent working, that he uped the dose. My pain disappeared after that.
  • bebe_ju-rah
    February 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    I'm 3 1/2 weeks past my c-section and I have 0 pain. If you're still in a lot of pain and your dr has checked you I'd say its probably BC of the stress of labor coupled with the surgery.
  • Jamie0121
    February 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM

She was face up and wouldnt fit that way. They tried for 2 hours to manually turn her and flipping me from side to side to turn her and she just wouldnt go. =(

• Jamie0121
    February 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Glad to know I am not alone! =)

Quoting MMerrill:

Some women it takes longer, make sure you are up and walking but at your OWN pace.  Walking will help speed recovery, also resting enough will too.  You have to find a balance.  I didn't fully heal until 4-5 weeks.  You'll get there, some women it takes the full 6 or even 8 weeks.  Remember that it's MAJOR abdominal surgery!  Hang in there mama!

• paulenegriff
    February 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    I'm sorry that ur hurting so bad and I want be any help cause my c section was planed but I had no pain what so ever just a hard time getting up after I would sit down for awhile
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts