Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Tiff_R_92
liars!!!
February 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
The midwives are such liars, saying morning sickness ends with the 1st semester. Now not only am i in my second trimester with morning sickness, now i have terrible heart burn too. I'm so miserable its not even funny. Help?

Replies

• sissy852
    February 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    ginger ale helps. For the tummy issues.
  • Pandapanda
    February 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM

It's nothing to do with midwives, lol. For most women, the symptoms go away around 12 weeks. 

Brushing and flossing will help some with the heartburn. For nausea I just use Zofran when it gets bad. I've been completely useless this pregnancy when the nausea is bad and only the zofran will touch it. 

• liltrippymom
    February 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    They have preggo pips at Pharmacys that saved me during my first trimester with my twins.
  • Oregongirl40
    February 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I had mild morning sickness in the first tri. Never did throw up just mainly nauseous and food aversions. I am currently 23weeks along and  have thrown up a few times over the last 2 weeks. I've had worst heart burn and nausea this week then I ever did In my first trimester.  In general most ladies ms will subside around 12 weeks...some ladies end up with it their whole pregnancy some are hit and miss like I seem to be.

If your still suffering you might want to ask your Dr for Zofran so you can get some relief.

• Tiff_R_92
    February 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    Thanks ladies. My ginger ale and saltines crackers are my best friends right now.
  • ittyprincess604
    February 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I had bad morning sickness up to my second trimester, then some mild nausea for the next few weeks. My dr had prescribed me Zofran (sp) and told me to eat foods high in starch....i ate alot of mashed potatos and pasta with only butter on it. It helped

• mj.bullion
    February 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Ginger and/or peppermint should help with morning sickness. I drank Canada Dry Ginger Ale in the first trimester and it moderately helped me.

My DR said that Zantac is safe for heartburn. I just started getting heartburn (I'm 35wks 5ds) and she said Zantac 150 is safe. Saving grace!!

• chelseasills
    February 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM

same thing i had! i was like 5 months when it fianlly stopped, and then once i hit my 3rd trimester, it started again for like 2 weeks. nothing helped mine, so i had ro learn to deal with it. try the preggie pops, i heard they help people.

• chamelinmom
    February 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM

wow....first MS can last all day and all 9 months for some women, but most slow down after the first trimester...the prego pops helped with this time around(my 5th). with my first i puked every day then felt better so thats what made me better. 2nd saltines helpped. 3rd i just took it slow with eatting, cerial helped though. 4th well i just didnt eat when i wasnt hungery, especally in the morning.

• MariaGentle
    February 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    When I was at the ER for dehydration, both the doctor and the nurse said it should be over by 12 weeks. Right. Since then, I have been diagnosed with HG and my OB said not to expect it to lighten up until at least 17 weeks. Of course, HG works differently from regular morning sickness.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts