Pregnancy

Gypsysmom
Any other Gluten Free Pregnant people out there?
February 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Hi,

Are there any other people who are following a gluten free pregnancy? I found out gluten did not agree with me a few months before I got pregnant, and at first I was a little bit worried about being pregnant and not eating a lot of grains.

Before I got pregnant I ate a lot of chicken and vegetable. However, although I am in my 2nd trimester, I still have an aversion to chicken and a lot of vegetables so I have had to get creative with my nutrition.

Just wondering what other GF people ate a lot of during their pregnancy? 

Replies

• twogirl91
    February 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I've been on the gluten free diet since I was 11, so I was gluten free through both of my pregnancy.

• finnbar
    by finnbar
    February 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    I was gluten free for six years before getting pregnant. I ate what i always eat.
    There are LOTS of grains you can eat that are much healthier than wheat. Like flax, millet, rice, oat, teff, among others. While you are pregnant it's important to eat a lot of protein so don't skimp yourself. Can you drink milk, eat eggs or nuts?
  • MissGore
    February 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

gluten free for eight years now. i have a couple culinary and pastry degrees and a nutritions license. if you ever need any recipes or tips feel free to ask. i've catered alot of gluten free events, and i dont mind sharing my recipes with other people following the diet.

• Gypsysmom
    February 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Hi, Thanks so much for your replies!

I do eat limited amounts of dairy, and I definately eat nuts and eggs.

How many servings of GF grains did you eat a day while pregnant?

Before I got pregnant, I may had 1-2 services of grains a day. But all the nutrition books say that you need 5+!

I do eat lots of fruit now. I just starting on trying to add vege back in to my diet (I am 14 weeks and my morning sickness is starting to wane. 

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Bump
  • orangeshirt
    February 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    I am not GF, but I eat minimal wheat. What wheat I do eat is organic and sprouted, but that's maybe one or two servings a day. I've been doing this for about a month to help lower my glucose levels and it has worked wonders.

Pregnancy