Pregnancy

Featured Posts
FarmGirl2B
I don't know why anyone would voluntarily do this to themselves! *edit*
February 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I just had my second c section and the pain is awful! It's very difficult to enjoy baby, breastfeed, get up, etc. If you are wanting an elective c section, please reconsider! I wish I could have had the vbac I wanted, but baby's lack of movement had the doc concerned, I was not dilating, which doc attributes to my heart shaped uterus, which I didn't know I had. My blood pressure dropped to 66/30 during the surgery. Very scary!

I forgot to add that there was an area on my belly about as big around as a closed fist that didn't go numb, so the tugging and pulling to get baby out was very uncomfortable.

Replies

• Devious103102
    February 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Sorry girl. I've never had a c-sec but I couldn't imagine having to have one, I'd be terrified =0(

• kadensmom052011
    February 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    I had to have one with my first and going to with this one just bc my body did not dilate and progress at all plus my first was over 9 lbs. I wanted a natural birth but couldn't have one
  • TraceyMR
    February 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Congrats on the baby! Sorry about the repeat section. I am scared spitless of something happening to make me have a repeat section. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

hugs!

--And CONGRATULATIONS!

hey sweetie, you are on the recovery side, things will be looking up!

(true) Elective cesareans are not really that common I don't think...   Most are preventable and avoidable although lots of women might not know this at the time they choose it.   And I believe many moms schedule not really knowing their options the real risks and how to enjoy a much safer, normal experience.     (Doctors can be really good at selling their trade/scaring moms into what can be riskier rather than safer.)

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Quoting kadensmom052011:

I had to have one with my first and going to with this one just bc my body did not dilate and progress at all plus my first was over 9 lbs. I wanted a natural birth but couldn't have one

Sounds like you could use some support!
    Since it's more dangerous (for mom & baby) to deliver surgically, it is worth investigating options, risks & benefits.     Lots of help available for you!    :-)

• MMerrill
    February 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

• FarmGirl2B
    February 6, 2013 at 3:10 AM
    They keep Ethan in the nursery a lot because my blood pressure is still pretty low, and I've been nodding off while holding him. I don't tolerate the pain meds well and am way too relaxed when I take them, but I have to. I am missing out on some critical bonding time. :(

Quoting MMerrill:

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

• Astrachanca
    February 6, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    I was told I have a heart-shaped uterus at my first ultrasound... I hope I don't have a problem dialating! I'm 38 weeks and constant Braxton hicks every 2-15 mins apart.
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    February 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Congrats on your LO!! i've never had a c-section but my sister had one with both my nephews and she said the recovery sucked big time.  I hope your recovery gets better for you soon.

• Reality_check
    February 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    id rather go through natural childbirth again than c section.. natural was soooo painful.. i dont even know how i survived.. c section scares me shitless...

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN