FarmGirl2B
I don't know why anyone would voluntarily do this to themselves! *edit*
February 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I just had my second c section and the pain is awful! It's very difficult to enjoy baby, breastfeed, get up, etc. If you are wanting an elective c section, please reconsider! I wish I could have had the vbac I wanted, but baby's lack of movement had the doc concerned, I was not dilating, which doc attributes to my heart shaped uterus, which I didn't know I had. My blood pressure dropped to 66/30 during the surgery. Very scary!

I forgot to add that there was an area on my belly about as big around as a closed fist that didn't go numb, so the tugging and pulling to get baby out was very uncomfortable.

Replies

• Devious103102
    February 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Sorry girl. I've never had a c-sec but I couldn't imagine having to have one, I'd be terrified =0(

• kadensmom052011
    February 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    I had to have one with my first and going to with this one just bc my body did not dilate and progress at all plus my first was over 9 lbs. I wanted a natural birth but couldn't have one
  • TraceyMR
    February 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Congrats on the baby! Sorry about the repeat section. I am scared spitless of something happening to make me have a repeat section. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

hugs!

--And CONGRATULATIONS!

hey sweetie, you are on the recovery side, things will be looking up!

(true) Elective cesareans are not really that common I don't think...   Most are preventable and avoidable although lots of women might not know this at the time they choose it.   And I believe many moms schedule not really knowing their options the real risks and how to enjoy a much safer, normal experience.     (Doctors can be really good at selling their trade/scaring moms into what can be riskier rather than safer.)

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Quoting kadensmom052011:

I had to have one with my first and going to with this one just bc my body did not dilate and progress at all plus my first was over 9 lbs. I wanted a natural birth but couldn't have one

Sounds like you could use some support!
    Since it's more dangerous (for mom & baby) to deliver surgically, it is worth investigating options, risks & benefits.     Lots of help available for you!    :-)

• MMerrill
    February 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

• FarmGirl2B
    February 6, 2013 at 3:10 AM
    They keep Ethan in the nursery a lot because my blood pressure is still pretty low, and I've been nodding off while holding him. I don't tolerate the pain meds well and am way too relaxed when I take them, but I have to. I am missing out on some critical bonding time. :(

Quoting MMerrill:

Congrats on your LO!

That is weird that they didn't know you had a "heart shaped uterus" that can be a serious issue!  My friend has a bicornuate uterus and they are expecting her to deliver any week because of it and she is only 26 weeks.

So sorry this happened to you!  My c-section and recovering from it was down right horrible, I thought I would never heal and I didn't even have my baby with me while I was healing because he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine trying to take care of a baby afterwards!  Hang in there mama!!

• Astrachanca
    February 6, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    I was told I have a heart-shaped uterus at my first ultrasound... I hope I don't have a problem dialating! I'm 38 weeks and constant Braxton hicks every 2-15 mins apart.
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    February 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Congrats on your LO!! i've never had a c-section but my sister had one with both my nephews and she said the recovery sucked big time.  I hope your recovery gets better for you soon.

• Reality_check
    February 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    id rather go through natural childbirth again than c section.. natural was soooo painful.. i dont even know how i survived.. c section scares me shitless...
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts