coffeemom37043
What exactly are braxton hicks?
January 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I'm 23 weeks and everyone keeps asking me if I've had braxton hicks yet, but I dont know if I have. I thought they were like contractions? I haven't had any pain at all. The only thing that's been happening is on the lower right side of my belly, it feels like it's tightening up, then when I put my hand there, it feels like a little bulge is there. I thought it was either a braxton hicks or it was just the baby with her head or butt down there.

Is that what I'm experiencing?

Replies

• Heather2001
    January 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Probably.  BH are just practice contractions.  Normally painless tightening of the uterus in an irregular fashion. 

• LittlePistol87
    January 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I never had them until the end of my second pregnancy. They isn't hurt just a small cramp that would tighten the relax for a little while. 

• coffeemom37043
    January 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Okay, so that probably is what I'm experiencing then

• 1wildchild
    January 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    BHs aren't usually painful. Sometimes it feels like your whole abdomen is tightening into a hard ball all over, and sometimes you can only feel it on one side or spot. You're probably having them and just don't realize it.
  • Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    January 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

2 babies and i never had them

• Mellissa1990
    January 29, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I'm pregnant with #6 and have had them during all six pregnancies.  Mine are more like a menstrual cramp.  They come suddenly so mine do hurt and I usually quince and put my hand on the area.....which is usually hard.  I must look like I''m hurting because people will ask me if I'm all right.

• brightstar28
    January 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I've been wondering the same thing.  This is my first, I'm 30 weeks, and I have no idea if I've experienced BH.  I'm going to say no since I have no idea what they feel like!!  haha

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts