Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Jess21608
I had my baby boy! Pics included
January 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM

My due date was Feb 10th but I went into natural labor at 37 weeks and 5 days Friday the 25th at 3 am I started having contractions every 10-15 mins, by 5 am they were coming every 6-8 mins. I woke up my hubby at 6 am just to let him know I was keeping an eye on things. by 8 am they were every 5 mins and getting really uncomfortable but I was able to breathe through them so I took a shower..had to shave my legs lol. Hubby still laughs cause I even put on a little makeup before we headed down to the hospital around 9 am. Got to triage at the birth center and was hooked up to the monitors. Contractions by then were coming every 2.5 to 3 mins and strong. Nurse came in and checked me and I was already 6cm, 100% effaced and at 0 station..I was in shock! This is my first baby so I wasnt expecting that at all. We got checked in and got into our room. I spent a little more time on the monitor and then got to walk the halls for about an hr or so. My Ob unfortunately was on call all night and was starting her vacation so she wasnt able to deliver my little guy but the on call Ob was really nice he was super supportive and excited about my progress. They checked me again and I had made only a little bit of change that was around noon so the doc came in and broke my water. I got up to walk the halls again with my hubby and within 15 mins I was in such excruciating pain I started to hyperventilate in the hallway. We managed to get back into our room and I asked for an epidural, which didnt hurt at all. It worked really quickly and I was finally able to releax. I also allowed a senior resident help with the delivery so he came in a little before 2 they wanted to see where I was I was already a 10 and at -1 station. Had to wait to push for a little bit so the doc could come back..he was laughing saying I was in a real hurry to have a baby. Even though I couldnt feel anything I pushed like a champ and our little guy was born at 2:29 pm. Im so in love with him. My only complaint is the stitches I had to get since I had a 2nd degree tear..Im in alot of pain but it was worth it!

Please welcome to the world: Orion Michael

January 25th, 2013   7lbs 5 oz   19 inches long

Replies

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN