Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Dreamer313
New to group, not pregnant yet, but need advice...
January 28, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Is there anyone out there that has gotten pregnant with an IUD in place??
I've had an IUD in for almost 2yrs. Usually I have a monthly peroid. But in dec. it was late and very light/brown. This month it was very light. I got it today and was partically gone tonight. I've already talk to someone in the OB clinic, stating I was worried. But they said I would be okay until my appt on the 18th. I know that sometimes your peroid goes away with the IUD. But I've always had a peroid.

Replies

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    January 28, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I've never had an iud but I have heard of people getting pregnant while having one in place.  If you think you could be pregnant then take a test.

• Dreamer313
    January 28, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    Question is; would it show up positive, if I am, with me having the IUD?! I guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

I've never had an iud but I have heard of people getting pregnant while having one in place.  If you think you could be pregnant then take a test.

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    January 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Yes it would.  If you don't want to spend a ton of money on a pregnancy test you can go to dollar tree because they are pretty accurate

Quoting Dreamer313:

Question is; would it show up positive, if I am, with me having the IUD?! I guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

• happy41ce
    January 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    Yes bc the Iud is hormone free right? Am I wrong?

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

• Dreamer313
    January 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM

The IUD I have isn't hormone free.
    (Mirena is a soft, flexible IUD that releases small amounts of hormone locally into your uterus.) <That is taken right from Mirena website!

Quoting happy41ce:

Yes bc the Iud is hormone free right? Am I wrong?

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

• Dreamer313
    January 28, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Thank you, I didn't think it would show up. And I found out I was pregnant with my now 2yr old using the dollar store test!

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

Yes it would.  If you don't want to spend a ton of money on a pregnancy test you can go to dollar tree because they are pretty accurate

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

• Dreamer313
    January 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM

bump

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    The rate of people who get pregnant with an iud is something like .25-.50 out of 100.. There's a term for it but I forget. So it's absolutely possible. I'd test just because.
  • soaringflutes
    January 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM

A good friend of mine got pregnant with her second child, with the IUD in place.  Her ultrasound showed the baby's heart beat right next to it.  The IUD had to be removed, which was risky, but the baby was fine.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN