Pregnancy

Featured Posts
nikki554
This would be so awesome if it could be scientifically 100% proven.
January 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=differences-between-boys

This link says that the difference between a boy and a girl can be determined by your hcg levels as early as three weeks! I am curious to know if people have gotten positve tests faster with girls than boys. 

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Yes!  It would be interesting! 

But it is important for me not to know until delivery anyhow (and I don't do ultrasounds with my pregnancies, making it really easy! lol).

• nikki554
    January 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I didnt find out with my first two, but my third the tech kinda just blurted it out. It is still intersting the differences even in utero!

• Devious103102
    January 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM

DD1-exactly 4wks (the day AF was due)

DD2-almost 8wks preg (tested 3 times a week from the time AF was a no show)

DD3-9wks

DD4-3w 1d

m/c 4 (boy)-9w

m/c 5 (assumed boy)-3w 2d

m/c 6 (boy)-7w 4d (that was the earliest I tested because I actually had a period while I was preg, so I thought I was only 4wks along).

• kelly617
    January 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I'm having a girl
    I'll be 9wks monday but I found out SO much sooner with this one than my first (boy)

DS1: 20dpo
    this lil nugget I was 8dpo when I got a faint positive

so thats like what....2wks earlier almost?

• 1wildchild
    January 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Idk, I didn't have my hcg levels checked early on with my daughter, but with my first son I had them checked at 4-5 weeks and they were considered low (100-150) and the dr wasn't even sure if it was a viable pregnancy. With this little guy I had my levels checked at 4 weeks and they were 989.9 something. Not knowing what my daughter's early hcg levels were but seeing the HUGE difference between both boys, Idk if gender makes a difference.

ETA: I tested at exactly 4 wks with DD and got a dark bfp. I tested at 3 wks 2 days with DS1 and got a faint but visible bfp, and I tested at 3 wks 4-5 days this time and got a very visible bfp (darker than DS1's, not as dark as DD's).
  • dlane12152007
    January 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM

it varies i don't think theres any scientific evidence to this. my first was a girl and I tested positive @ 8 wks. my 2nd was a boy and I tested positive @ 5 wks. My 3rd was a girl and I tested positive @ 3wks after conception. which normally I wouldn't test that early but I had a confirmed m/c 4 wks prior to that and when I tested it was when my period was due even though I figured it would probally be screwed up due to the m/c but I decided to test anyways since it didn't come and low and behold it was positive.

• daydreamer86
    January 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Ds i got a positive at 3 weeks 2 days. This baby, no clue the sex since im 6 weeks but i was 4 weeks when i tested.
  • momof2Iliyjosh
    January 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

thats crazy with my daughter i found out super fast for a pregnancy test for my son it took three months to get a positive on my test and for my youngest son i could barely see the line when i missed my period with him. 

• LittlePistol87
    January 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That's very interesting. With my son I was 9 weeks when I tested. With my daughter I was 4 weeks when I tested.   Good luck with your research!! 

• NoahsMommy1121
    January 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    I tested positive at 6 weeks with DS. And i just tested positive at 3 weeks with this baby, don't know the sex yet.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN