nikki554
This would be so awesome if it could be scientifically 100% proven.
January 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=differences-between-boys

This link says that the difference between a boy and a girl can be determined by your hcg levels as early as three weeks! I am curious to know if people have gotten positve tests faster with girls than boys. 

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Yes!  It would be interesting! 

But it is important for me not to know until delivery anyhow (and I don't do ultrasounds with my pregnancies, making it really easy! lol).

• nikki554
    January 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I didnt find out with my first two, but my third the tech kinda just blurted it out. It is still intersting the differences even in utero!

• Devious103102
    January 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM

DD1-exactly 4wks (the day AF was due)

DD2-almost 8wks preg (tested 3 times a week from the time AF was a no show)

DD3-9wks

DD4-3w 1d

m/c 4 (boy)-9w

m/c 5 (assumed boy)-3w 2d

m/c 6 (boy)-7w 4d (that was the earliest I tested because I actually had a period while I was preg, so I thought I was only 4wks along).

• kelly617
    January 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I'm having a girl
    I'll be 9wks monday but I found out SO much sooner with this one than my first (boy)

DS1: 20dpo
    this lil nugget I was 8dpo when I got a faint positive

so thats like what....2wks earlier almost?

• 1wildchild
    January 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Idk, I didn't have my hcg levels checked early on with my daughter, but with my first son I had them checked at 4-5 weeks and they were considered low (100-150) and the dr wasn't even sure if it was a viable pregnancy. With this little guy I had my levels checked at 4 weeks and they were 989.9 something. Not knowing what my daughter's early hcg levels were but seeing the HUGE difference between both boys, Idk if gender makes a difference.

ETA: I tested at exactly 4 wks with DD and got a dark bfp. I tested at 3 wks 2 days with DS1 and got a faint but visible bfp, and I tested at 3 wks 4-5 days this time and got a very visible bfp (darker than DS1's, not as dark as DD's).
  • dlane12152007
    January 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM

it varies i don't think theres any scientific evidence to this. my first was a girl and I tested positive @ 8 wks. my 2nd was a boy and I tested positive @ 5 wks. My 3rd was a girl and I tested positive @ 3wks after conception. which normally I wouldn't test that early but I had a confirmed m/c 4 wks prior to that and when I tested it was when my period was due even though I figured it would probally be screwed up due to the m/c but I decided to test anyways since it didn't come and low and behold it was positive.

• daydreamer86
    January 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Ds i got a positive at 3 weeks 2 days. This baby, no clue the sex since im 6 weeks but i was 4 weeks when i tested.
  • momof2Iliyjosh
    January 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

thats crazy with my daughter i found out super fast for a pregnancy test for my son it took three months to get a positive on my test and for my youngest son i could barely see the line when i missed my period with him. 

• LittlePistol87
    January 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That's very interesting. With my son I was 9 weeks when I tested. With my daughter I was 4 weeks when I tested.   Good luck with your research!! 

• NoahsMommy1121
    January 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    I tested positive at 6 weeks with DS. And i just tested positive at 3 weeks with this baby, don't know the sex yet.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts