Pregnancy

Featured Posts
fowlerlf
Has anyone had a failed induction?
January 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
On January 22 I went in to be induced ( I was 41 weeks at this time) They skipped the cytotec because I was already having regular contractions when I got to the hospital even though I had no idea I was having them. I was also 1 cm dilated and my cervix was not softened ay all when I got there. They started me on pitocin and kept asking me if I was feeling my contractions and I said no. They got to where they were at the max amount of pitocin they could give me and I was just barely feeling my contractions. They were pretty stunned and checked me again but I was still only 1 cm and not softened or as they would say "2 long" after 11 hours of pitocin and no changes they decided to send me home. They will be trying to induce me again at 42 weeks. Has anyone ever had pitocin and not feel their contractions very much ? Also did you go to get induced a second time and did it work? I'm pretty sure of it doesn't work this second time I will be getting a cesarean. The crazy thing was that I went home in no pain but a couple hours later I went to get off my couch and when I put any kind of pressure on my right leg it would send terrible pain through my hip and lower back and I couldn't even walk. Luckily I can walk now but still painful when I do. I know this sounds terrible but I really don't want to try the pitocin again I feel so mentally and physically drained that cesarean is starting to look like a good idea sometimes which is crazy cuz I never wanted a cesarean. I also don't want to have an epidural. Sorry for typing so much just really emotional and confused.

Replies

• louzannalady
    January 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

*hug* I am sorry this is happening! I am glad they sent you home and quit forcing things! How sure are you about your guess date? 

HERE is info on guess dates for your consideration, Momma!

• fowlerlf
    January 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Not a hundred percent sure. According to my LMP my due date is January 22, according to my last doctor and his ultrasound my due date is Jan 15 and according to the day I had sex that ended.up.in me conceiving my dues date is Jan 17. I do know when I conceived because we only had sex once between myLMP and the day I found our I was pregnant because my husband went out of town and I was tracking everything like crazy because we have.been trying to conceive for years
  • louzannalady
    January 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Well, congrats on conceiving! : ) Hum... Have you read the link with links about guess dates? You could just consent to non-stress tests two days a week, until baby is born, if you want. Some babies just need longer to cook! : ) Unless you or baby are having complications, then there is no reason rush things or even think about a c-section!

Quoting fowlerlf:

Not a hundred percent sure. According to my LMP my due date is January 22, according to my last doctor and his ultrasound my due date is Jan 15 and according to the day I had sex that ended.up.in me conceiving my dues date is Jan 17. I do know when I conceived because we only had sex once between myLMP and the day I found our I was pregnant because my husband went out of town and I was tracking everything like crazy because we have.been trying to conceive for years

• louzannalady
    January 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

OH and remember, sperm can live up there for five days! So, you could be off by five days, meaning you ovulated towards the end of the time that the swimmers would have been about to die and one caugt that egg! If that is the case, that you actually conceived five days after sex, then you are only three days away outside of your guess date and have plenty of time! 

• kelly617
    January 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I haven't but I had two friends that were induced
    With one it took three days on pitocin to get her all the way dilated
    and with the other they did pitocin and a foley ball and could only get her to 4cm so she ended up with a csection

GOOD LUCK!! Maybe you just have a REALLY high pain tolerance?

• Kmommy2011
    January 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    I didnt feel my contrations with pitocin until they broke my water and everthing flew by after that! When I went in I was 3cm but I cant remember how dialated I was when they broke my water! Maybe ask about it cause that helps alot. I had three contrations right after an had to get my epidural! They were really painful.
  • fowlerlf
    January 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    The doctor said they won't break my water until I am 4 cm dilated and they will only let me go 2 weeks past my due date which to them is January 15.
  • DeeDee205
    January 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Wow, I've never heard of anyone being sent home after having been given pitocin.  I had a little better luck with induction.  They gave me pitocin and within 1 hour, I was actually feeling the contractions.  But after about 11 hours, I only dilated to 3 and baby was in distress, so she was born c section.  I actually opted for c section for the next baby.  It's really not that bad (well, for me they weren't).  Don't know your reasons for not wanting an epidural, but I was TERRIFIED of having a needle stuck into  my spine.  While they did it, I kept telling myself "it only hurts for a few seconds" and then it was done.

Best of luck next time.  Hope you won't need an induction and that nature just takes over.  Congrats!

• louzannalady
    January 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

You have 100% say over what happens to your body! There is no "letting" you or not "letting" you do anything. What are they going to do?! Come to your house and stick you with an IV of Pitocin?! Come to your house and cart you off to the hospital?! You have the right to informed consent and informed refusal. There is a link below with more info. I also strongly encourage you to read more info about post-dates/guess dates, that I gave you earlier! : ) 

INFORMED CONSENT

Quoting fowlerlf:

The doctor said they won't break my water until I am 4 cm dilated and they will only let me go 2 weeks past my due date which to them is January 15.

• Kmommy2011
    January 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    Maybe see if they can try other things maybe with the pitocin! Like the gel or I think they have some kind of ball thing they can use to help dialate im not real sure or maybe walking with pitocin (if you can do that). Good luck girl. I hope things work out!

Quoting fowlerlf:

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN