mama-smurf
IUD
January 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
So I wenr to my 39 week appt and I hace to decide between 2 different type of birth control and I wanted everyones opinion if they use them and such. Idk which to pick lol. I have to choose between Mirena and Paraguard. Also, im hoping they dont interfere with breastfeeding.

Replies

• agrisham13mom
    January 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Neither!!! I currently have the mirena and it moved and I am possibly pregnant again (waiting on my labwork)!
  • FarmGirl2B
    January 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    I guess based on the lawsuit commercials about mirena I would choose the paraguard.
  • katie11908
    January 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I had mirena and breastfed for 16 months with it and am now 8weeks pregnant and currently still breastfeeding :)

• mama-smurf
    January 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    Lawsuit commercials? If there's lawsuits then why doctors still handing out brochures?

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I guess based on the lawsuit commercials about mirena I would choose the paraguard.

• katie11908

But when i have this baby i wont be getting mirena again i didn't like the hormones i will probably get paraguard...

• mama-smurf
    You got prenant while on Mirena?

Quoting katie11908:

I had mirena and breastfed for 16 months with it and am now 8weeks pregnant and currently still breastfeeding :)

• MamaRoberts
    January 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    So, I have had both...with my mire a I did not have a period, it did interfere with my nursing, caused me to gain weight like crazy and then when I finally had it removed it took us almost two years to conceive again. In that two years of trying, I had three periods...it really messed my body up. So after that child was born, I had the paragard placed. I had it for four years, never had a serious problem outside of long long long heavy periods (think 7-8 days) lost 106 lbs on purpose only to find out that it shifted and then broke. I am currently 24weeks pregnant with a piece of my IUD still embedded in my uterus. Do your research, both have some serious problems....
  • Erica_Smerica
    January 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I'd get paraguard just because it's hormone free.

• katie11908
    January 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

No i had it removed to TTC I just concieved very quickly after having it removed...

Quoting mama-smurf:

You got prenant while on Mirena?

Quoting katie11908:

• MamaRoberts
    January 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Google copper toxicity, this was another thing I noticed this last year before becoming pregnant....there is a class action lawsuit in the motion for Mireya and one in the works for paragard.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts