bebe_ju-rah
For those worried about your post baby body...
January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)

Replies

• nerdymom28
    January 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I don't own a scale so I have no idea how much I weighed post baby. Of course I know I lost weight, that's common sense, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't anywhere near 25 lbs.

Quoting nikkifam5:

You would be surprised how much weight comes off after birth. Between baby, placenta , fluid and water weight... I have never weighed myself right after birth. But around 12 days pp I hoped on my mother in laws scale during a visit. I lost like 18 lbs.... I don't think I've lost much since but that's okay. I will eventually.. maybe not all of it but that's okay too :)

Quoting nerdymom28:

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

• nikkifam5
    January 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    My friend lost 22 within the first 2 weeks home. So its possible but everyone is different..I personally have never lost over 20 within the first two weeks. I wish though!

Quoting nerdymom28:

I don't own a scale so I have no idea how much I weighed post baby. Of course I know I lost weight, that's common sense, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't anywhere near 25 lbs.

Quoting nikkifam5:

You would be surprised how much weight comes off after birth. Between baby, placenta , fluid and water weight... I have never weighed myself right after birth. But around 12 days pp I hoped on my mother in laws scale during a visit. I lost like 18 lbs.... I don't think I've lost much since but that's okay. I will eventually.. maybe not all of it but that's okay too :)

Quoting nerdymom28:

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

• Scorpiomom78
    January 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

During my last pregnancy I was really worried I would never lose that baby weight. It was my third pregnancy and I was caring twins. My twins were born one natural and one c-section, which was my first c-section. My twins are now 20 months old and I am the weight I was before having my first baby. I still have some areas I would like to work on and then there are those ares that there's not much I can do about them, like my boobs! Lol I think it really matters too how your body was before pregnancy but it can be done. 

• MochaBerry24
    January 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

lady, if every woman looked like you a week after giving birth, I don't think anyone would be complaining! You look fab! 

• Yuriko_chan
    January 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    That's why I'll never fit into size 2 pants. My hips.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

This is exactly how I feel. Also, something a lot of women need to keep in mind is there are parts of your body that will never go back to the size you were prepreg. Like hips.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

women need to be realistic when it comes to pregnancy weight and realize we are all different. Expecting to be back to normal in a month is silly. It took you 9 months to get there give yourself 9 months to get back to the ol you and stop pressuring yourselves. You have a new baby, focus on that not the size of your waist line :)

• allthatjazz251
    January 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Just because YOU look like that, does not mean we will.

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    I've got stretch marks too. :( At least they fade!

Quoting jamamama00:

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Aww Don't!!! After my first it took a while to get back to "normal". That's why I'm so stoked about this one! Lol

Quoting queenamy:

okay thanks ladies for showing off now i'm 2yrs post csection and i feel like shit lol

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    8 days lol. He was born Jan 16th :) I think most of that was water...plus 9+ lbs of baby and placenta.

Quoting nerdymom28:

• AmyL3469
    January 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Must be nice to look so good after a baby LOL. My stomach looked like pizza dough, still does. Doesn't help I have other medical issues that cause weight gain.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts