Pregnancy

Featured Posts
bebe_ju-rah
For those worried about your post baby body...
January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)

Replies

• sassysuie
    January 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I hope some magic like that happens for me!! My baby is due april 1st and my wedding is in july! I really don't want to feel like a cow in a dress, I'd cry!

• jamamama00
    January 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about! OMG this is probably way too much info...but I don't even like to get 'on top' anymore because I can feel the saggy skin bouncing up and down! YUCK!!! I always end up closing my eyes, because if I were to notice my husband looking I think I would die of humiliation. It's just no way to live=( I just popped out my last kid, and I plan on getting the tuck as soon as possible.

Quoting Denisethedaring:

Yeah, honestly I look fine in all my clothes, the same clothes I wore prior to pregnancy--they're tighter at the waist because of the skin flap and the slight bulging caused by the separated muscles, but I don't look any different and in some cases look better than the women I know who've never had any kids.  Unfortunately, OUT of my clothes is a tooootally different story.  It makes me barf, I don't even know how my husband can stand to look at that and still want to do anything with me. :)  (He does though!  I don't think he cares nearly as much as I do.)

Quoting jamamama00:

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• Sstone12
    January 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM

After I had my first baby, it took me a couple of months to get even a little remotely ready to start loosing weight. Low and behold, 5 months after I had my son, we are preggers again! My first pregnancy I gained almost 60 lbs, because I ate what ever I wanted and didn't exercise. This time around I am eating better, and walking, and doing preggers yoga. Learned my lesson!

• queenamy
    January 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

okay thanks ladies for showing off now i'm 2yrs post csection and i feel like shit lol

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    January 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Not for everyone!! I've had a hell of a time losing my baby weight and my son is 3!! It took 3 years for doctors to figure out what was going on. Sometimes there is something else going on. It's probably just genetics for you as it is for most of those who lose it quickly.

• nerdymom28
    January 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

• RaLeighsMommy11
    January 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    Some women's hips go back to the same size or smaller after a baby so don't scare people saying there hips will stay big. After dd my hips were smaller than before I had her.. Now granted this baby might be a totally different story haha

Quoting SuperMom2433:

This is exactly how I feel. Also, something a lot of women need to keep in mind is there are parts of your body that will never go back to the size you were prepreg. Like hips.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

women need to be realistic when it comes to pregnancy weight and realize we are all different. Expecting to be back to normal in a month is silly. It took you 9 months to get there give yourself 9 months to get back to the ol you and stop pressuring yourselves. You have a new baby, focus on that not the size of your waist line :)

• abigailesmommy
    January 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My real issue IS my pre-pregnancy body. I need to lose weight and I can not blame the pregnancy. I am hoping to get healthier and be a good example to my daughters. 

• ruby_jewel_04
    January 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

>.<   this is me being jealous, and hating you a little bit. LOL. I know it's going to take forever for me to get my post baby body how I want it. Always does. 

• nikkifam5
    January 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    You would be surprised how much weight comes off after birth. Between baby, placenta , fluid and water weight... I have never weighed myself right after birth. But around 12 days pp I hoped on my mother in laws scale during a visit. I lost like 18 lbs.... I don't think I've lost much since but that's okay. I will eventually.. maybe not all of it but that's okay too :)

Quoting nerdymom28:

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN