Pregnancy

Featured Posts
bebe_ju-rah
For those worried about your post baby body...
January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)

Replies

• LaughingTattoo
    January 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

You look great!

I always bounce right back to pre pregnancy weight within a month......its awesome. Has to be the genes on my dads side of the famiy, my mother never bounced back

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    Neither did my mom. My dad's side of the family are all stick figures. Lol

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

You look great!

I always bounce right back to pre pregnancy weight within a month......its awesome. Has to be the genes on my dads side of the famiy, my mother never bounced back

• .KFeatherable.
    January 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have bought Under Wrapz by Belly Bandit at Target. I plan to get my belly back to it's original shape pretty quickly!

I have lost weight this pregnancy due to GD and the low carb diet they have put me on. I am past my pre pregnancy weight. Everything I eat goes right to baby!

• Threes.Company
    January 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Every woman's body is different.  We all gain pregnancy weight in different places and in different amounts.  Some people bounce back as early as 2 weeks post-pardum.  Other women require years of hard work, healthy eating and exercise.  We can certainly get a healthy, lean body after pregnancy.  Stomach results may vary, as C-sections can cause issues with the abdominal muscles that affect your ability to ever get a toned, flat belly again.  But you can certainly get back to an overall healthy state.  You will never have your pre-baby body again, since pregnancy does make permanent changes.  But you can get pretty darn close.

It took me two and a half years after my youngest was born to lose all the pregnancy weight I had gained.  In the process, I ended up with a healthier, leaner, more muscular body than I ever had BEFORE having children.  I was not lucky enough to be one of those moms who after a few weeks did not appear to have ever been pregnant.  But, that's OK...  I just had to work for it!

You look great!!

• Denisethedaring
    January 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Unfortunately for some of us, not without surgery.  I have a flap of loose skin hanging down over my pelvis from my abdomen and widely separated abdominal muscles, neither of which are fixable by any further weight loss or exercise.  :(  booo. 

On the plus side, I am about 90% sure I will be able to get a tummy tuck this summer.  SO EXCITED! :)

• jamamama00
    January 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• xLilBit22
    January 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    You look great! Hope its the same for me
  • jellybeanjean
    January 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I like this post =) 2nd baby on the way for me and I will be having a c section too. 

• Denisethedaring
    January 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yeah, honestly I look fine in all my clothes, the same clothes I wore prior to pregnancy--they're tighter at the waist because of the skin flap and the slight bulging caused by the separated muscles, but I don't look any different and in some cases look better than the women I know who've never had any kids.  Unfortunately, OUT of my clothes is a tooootally different story.  It makes me barf, I don't even know how my husband can stand to look at that and still want to do anything with me. :)  (He does though!  I don't think he cares nearly as much as I do.)

Quoting jamamama00:

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• Oceana09
    January 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I lost 22 within a week of having DS, but I still pregnant lol.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN