bebe_ju-rah
For those worried about your post baby body...
January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)

Replies

• LaughingTattoo
    January 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

You look great!

I always bounce right back to pre pregnancy weight within a month......its awesome. Has to be the genes on my dads side of the famiy, my mother never bounced back

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    Neither did my mom. My dad's side of the family are all stick figures. Lol

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

You look great!

I always bounce right back to pre pregnancy weight within a month......its awesome. Has to be the genes on my dads side of the famiy, my mother never bounced back

• .KFeatherable.
    January 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have bought Under Wrapz by Belly Bandit at Target. I plan to get my belly back to it's original shape pretty quickly!

I have lost weight this pregnancy due to GD and the low carb diet they have put me on. I am past my pre pregnancy weight. Everything I eat goes right to baby!

• Threes.Company
    January 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Every woman's body is different.  We all gain pregnancy weight in different places and in different amounts.  Some people bounce back as early as 2 weeks post-pardum.  Other women require years of hard work, healthy eating and exercise.  We can certainly get a healthy, lean body after pregnancy.  Stomach results may vary, as C-sections can cause issues with the abdominal muscles that affect your ability to ever get a toned, flat belly again.  But you can certainly get back to an overall healthy state.  You will never have your pre-baby body again, since pregnancy does make permanent changes.  But you can get pretty darn close.

It took me two and a half years after my youngest was born to lose all the pregnancy weight I had gained.  In the process, I ended up with a healthier, leaner, more muscular body than I ever had BEFORE having children.  I was not lucky enough to be one of those moms who after a few weeks did not appear to have ever been pregnant.  But, that's OK...  I just had to work for it!

You look great!!

• Denisethedaring
    January 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Unfortunately for some of us, not without surgery.  I have a flap of loose skin hanging down over my pelvis from my abdomen and widely separated abdominal muscles, neither of which are fixable by any further weight loss or exercise.  :(  booo. 

On the plus side, I am about 90% sure I will be able to get a tummy tuck this summer.  SO EXCITED! :)

• jamamama00
    January 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• xLilBit22
    January 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    You look great! Hope its the same for me
  • jellybeanjean
    January 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I like this post =) 2nd baby on the way for me and I will be having a c section too. 

• Denisethedaring
    January 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yeah, honestly I look fine in all my clothes, the same clothes I wore prior to pregnancy--they're tighter at the waist because of the skin flap and the slight bulging caused by the separated muscles, but I don't look any different and in some cases look better than the women I know who've never had any kids.  Unfortunately, OUT of my clothes is a tooootally different story.  It makes me barf, I don't even know how my husband can stand to look at that and still want to do anything with me. :)  (He does though!  I don't think he cares nearly as much as I do.)

Quoting jamamama00:

I have come out of labor and delivery every time able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans. The issue with me is not the pounds, but the effects of stretching on my skin. I guess I have shitty elasticity, because my belly came out with a hanging pouch and awful stretch marks, and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to fix that.

• Oceana09
    January 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I lost 22 within a week of having DS, but I still pregnant lol.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts