Pregnancy

Momma-Bearof3
An opinion appreciated :)
January 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I just found out I'm pregnant with #4. This one was not planned as I was on birth control and it still happened. I am going thru separation and I'm not sure I can single parent a fourth. The guy that I was with told me to abort but I refused but I'm looking at my only two options.. Keep and struggle or adoption. Has anyone been thru adoption process? I feel scared and confused...

Replies

• Gabrielle1982
    January 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM

:( You need to do what is best for you and your baby.  I have neve been your situation but I'd imagine if you reach to an adoption agency they will meet with you and better inform you.  I know of several people who adopted from a pregnant mother so giving a baby up doesn't always mean growing up in an orphanage like a lot of people think.  There are lots of people who would love to make your baby their own. Best of luck to you in this trying time.

• lillucky8
    January 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    You should ask your doc for referrals to adoption agencies, you can sit down with someone and discuss the options and details so you can make the best choice for yourself and family
  • FarmGirl2B
    January 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    You still have plenty of time to think about it. I agree with lillucky. Find someone trained in counseling these situations. How old are your other children? Hugs!
  • Momma-Bearof3
    January 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    Well I hope I have time. Technically if the doc is right, I'm already 24 weeks along.. So time is kinda cut short. My other babies are 9, 6, and 18 months. I do have an ultrasound appt next week, hoping to find answers of for sure how far along. And I do have an appt with a pregnancy center to discuss adoption. I just feel lost in it all. And my other children do not know anything, yet.
  • BethRae
    by BethRae
    January 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    This. I'm so sorry you have to make this difficult decision

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

:( You need to do what is best for you and your baby.  I have neve been your situation but I'd imagine if you reach to an adoption agency they will meet with you and better inform you.  I know of several people who adopted from a pregnant mother so giving a baby up doesn't always mean growing up in an orphanage like a lot of people think.  There are lots of people who would love to make your baby their own. Best of luck to you in this trying time.

• Devious103102
    January 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

((((hugs)))) Lots of good thoughts hun. I've never been through the process but I know it's something I couldn't do, BUT I'm sure there's a board out here for it. Lots of good thoughts!

• Astrachanca
    January 22, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    I'm glad you're considering adoption... It is close to my heart because I was adopted myself. It's such a selfless, amazing choice a momma makes. To give her baby the best possible life. So many families and parents out there that can't have children themselves! Anyhow, I'm ranting and get emotional over this topic probably because I'm nine months pregnant at the moment! I hope things work out for you... Definitely look into talking to an adoption counselor. Pm me if you ever have any questions about my own story.
  • Momma-Bearof3
    January 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    Bump
  • sfank
    by sfank
    January 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I think adoption is a beautiful choice. I have no personal experience but my next door neighbours growing up were adoptive parents. Their children were such huge blessings to them and they were so very grateful to the brave women who chose adoption so they could have children. It's great that you are talking to a pregnancy councillor as I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions better than anyone. I wish you all the best as you make such a difficult decision.

• alexislovesjr
    January 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Kind of going through it now. Me and hubby are seperated and expecting 3rd. I was thinking adoption at first but my mother changed my mind, plus I have alot of support.

I think you should do what ever is best for you and your children you have now. I hope you the best! I think adoption is always a awesome choice, just take your time to think about it. (HUGS!)

Pregnancy