Pregnancy

Featured Posts
katielawlor
Starting to get really scared!!
January 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
My daughter is scheduled to be delivered by c-section in a lil over 2 weeks on feb. 6th. This will be my second c-section (ds is 8yrs old) I'm starting to get really nervous tho! This hospital does things way different from the one where I had my son, and the docs seem so uninterested and disconnected to me. And since we're a military family I can't switch docs. Sorry just had to vent, and calm down

Replies

• theosgirl45
    January 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM

When I had my 2nd csection I was really nervous too.  And I had it at the same hospital with the same doc.  I think its normal to be nervous about any type of surgery but especially nervous when that surgery is gonna affect you and your baby.  Having a baby is already cause to be nervous adding a csection on top just makes it more so I think.  Good Luck!

• EmmaZate
    January 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    I understand you being scared. I'm having a csection in June. However, never let military facilities say that you have no say in your care. You CAN switch doctors, though you may not have time now. You have a say in who your provider is and what kind if care you receive, they just prefer you not know it.
  • JadeTigr7
    January 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

If you want to change doctors go to patient advocates and at least try.  You should feel comfortable with your care provider.

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    January 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    You will be fine :)
    Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.
  • katielawlor
    January 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Nope :( the doc said the hospital wont do a vbac because of the risks involved which sucks!

Quoting Randi02:

You will be fine :)

Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    I'm sorry you are scared.

Can you do a hospital tour & ask a bunch of questions to help ease your fears?

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN