katielawlor
Starting to get really scared!!
January 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
My daughter is scheduled to be delivered by c-section in a lil over 2 weeks on feb. 6th. This will be my second c-section (ds is 8yrs old) I'm starting to get really nervous tho! This hospital does things way different from the one where I had my son, and the docs seem so uninterested and disconnected to me. And since we're a military family I can't switch docs. Sorry just had to vent, and calm down

Replies

• theosgirl45
    January 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM

When I had my 2nd csection I was really nervous too.  And I had it at the same hospital with the same doc.  I think its normal to be nervous about any type of surgery but especially nervous when that surgery is gonna affect you and your baby.  Having a baby is already cause to be nervous adding a csection on top just makes it more so I think.  Good Luck!

• EmmaZate
    January 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    I understand you being scared. I'm having a csection in June. However, never let military facilities say that you have no say in your care. You CAN switch doctors, though you may not have time now. You have a say in who your provider is and what kind if care you receive, they just prefer you not know it.
  • JadeTigr7
    January 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

If you want to change doctors go to patient advocates and at least try.  You should feel comfortable with your care provider.

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    January 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    You will be fine :)
    Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.
  • katielawlor
    January 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Nope :( the doc said the hospital wont do a vbac because of the risks involved which sucks!

Quoting Randi02:

You will be fine :)

Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    I'm sorry you are scared.

Can you do a hospital tour & ask a bunch of questions to help ease your fears?
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts