Pregnancy

Pixlemama
A little freaked out
January 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Ok so I'm almost 28 weeks now but at 24 weeks my obgyn informed me that the placenta was low and covering my cervix and it was possible I might have to have a c-section if it didn't move she said we would do an ultrasound later to check if anything changed but didn't really say anything else about it
Meanwhile I've noticed that sex has been hurting alot and ive actually been having braxton hicks type contractions since i was about 20 weeks I mentioned this to her and she just brushed it off saying sometimes it happens early so I went online and researched and found out that its actually called placenta Previa and that its recommended that patients are put on bed rest and pelvic rest
I go back in for my next appt on Thursday but she still hasn't scheduled another ultrasound and I will ask her about all of my worries when I see her but I am worried that she should be doing more than just waiting to see if it moves and if I should put myself on rest
This is my second child and I didn't have any of these issues with my first I know every pregnancy is different but I'm wondering if I am worrying too much if anyone has been in this type of situation can you give me some information about it

Replies

• SarahMommie
    January 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    I had placenta previa with my 3rd DD. they don't make a big deal out of it until 32 weeks most women who have it placenta moves and it's no problem. So long as your not bleeding my obgyn said go about your normal activities. I had a ultra sound at 32 weeks to check (I too was having lots of contractions) but I was fine an had a successful vaginal delivery at 41weeks :-) hope this helps you a little!!!
  • GodsAmiga
    January 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I had a low lying placenta and it wasn't placenta previa. Low lying means it isn't low enough to be considered actual previa. But my obgyns told me to avoid sex (I had had bleeding though so that may have been why they said that) and they said to not allow vaginal exams until the placenta moved back up.

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    Can you ask for more information at your next appt?
  • Pixlemama
    January 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    I'm going to.. This doctor is a different doctor than I had for the previous pregnancy ( we moved to New Mexico in between) and she's very different in personality it seems I have to ask all kinds of questions in order to get any kind of information out of her she's not very in depth I've had quite a few concerns and issues with the way she does things but she's the only obgyn that was available for my due date that was close by I mean her office is still 30 mins away but she wasn't exactly my first choice all of the other doctors were fully booked and honestly there are a lot of things that I don't know and so I don't know the right questions to ask sometimes

Pregnancy