Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Kiradenise
Natural birth vs. Epidural?
January 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hi, I'm 19 and pregnant with my first child. I'm thinking I want to go through childbirth with no epidural or anything but I'm afraid I will chicken out last minute. What is the easiest way to get through it? I have quite a while to decide my plan, but I'd like to be educated on all options. Thanks. :)

Replies

• JadeTigr7
    January 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Become educated.

Read up on natural childbirth, take classes.  I'm on baby #5 and I've never had an epidural, never wanted one.  The best way to avoid getting one in labor is going in with the mindset that it's not even an option. 

• Momof2almost
    January 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Congrats! You will not know what you can/can't handle until you try. I was medically induced twice (1st one at 38 weeks/2nd one at 35 weeks) and got epi's with both (vag delivery). The 1st epi was horrible, I was stuck 5 times because he couldn't get the needle in just right and when he finally got it right it didn't last and wore off right before I started pushing. The 2nd epi was WONDERFUL!! I waited until I was 7cm to get it (when you are induced your contractions never stop and I was miserable) and it lasted like it was supposed to. The only negative is that it takes so long to wear off and you are really limited to birth positions. Good luck and you will do just fine!
  • wonderwomanT08
    January 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    I just don't want to put any risks on the baby so no epidural for me
  • Hotdiggitydogg
    January 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Truth is you can make a birth plan if you want to. But it might all go out the window when your actually in labor. Or, it might not be bad at all and go quick! You never know. Keep doing you kegels until then. If your adamant about not wanting an epi, make sure you are allowed to walk around and change positions and such because that will help you through it.

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Why have all those risks when you don't have to?
    ;-)

There are so many great options, safer alternatives-   glad to hear you want to learn about them!

Are you interviewing care providers and settings?
    Who will be helping you through?
    Will you be preparing- taking classes, reading, etc?

• Kiradenise
    January 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    I will be asking my OBGYN lots of questions and I'm going to start doing yoga at aqua aerobics at my gym because my mom said being more active will help a lot. My fiancé who will be my husband next month will be the one helping me through all of it, and I'm figuring out birthing classes for us to take. I plan on breastfeeding too and will need to get information on that also. :) I want to do everything that I can do to make my baby as healthy as possible.

Quoting doulala:

Why have all those risks when you don't have to?
    ;-)

There are so many great options, safer alternatives-   glad to hear you want to learn about them!

Are you interviewing care providers and settings?
    Who will be helping you through?
    Will you be preparing- taking classes, reading, etc?

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    Quoting Kiradenise:

I will be asking my OBGYN lots of questions and I'm going to start doing yoga at aqua aerobics at my gym because my mom said being more active will help a lot. My fiancé who will be my husband next month will be the one helping me through all of it, and I'm figuring out birthing classes for us to take. I plan on breastfeeding too and will need to get information on that also. :) I want to do everything that I can do to make my baby as healthy as possible.

Quoting doulala:

Do you have complications or health issues?   

• Kiradenise
    January 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    I had an infection inside of my stomach last summer that spread through my entire body, but my doctor said it has gone away with treatment. I still have a very sensitive stomach though so morning sickness has kicked my butt . I also have back pain, but tylenol pain patches are wonderful for me. I had to get gummy prenatals because the pill ones were making me sick. It has been an adventure so far and I'm only 11 weeks along

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Kiradenise:

Quoting doulala:

Do you have complications or health issues?   

• norwgnwood
    January 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    Natural.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts