Pregnancy

MommyIn2008
Co-Ed Baby Shower.
January 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM

So my mom is throwing me and dh a bbq/baby shower thing and its going to be co ed. Problem is we can't think of any activities or games that are guy/girl friendly. Has anyone had something similar I need to help my mom with ideas.

Replies

• MariaGentle
    January 17, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    One thing I did when I threw my best fried a baby shower was.....

I brought yarn some yarn and scissors.
    Then I had BF model her belly for everyone so they can have a really good look.
    I passed out the yarn and everyone to cut off a piece of the yarn that they think will wrap perfectly around Mama's Belly (some people want to the extreme and had about five feet of yarn it was pretty funny)
    One at a time I measured everyone's yarn around the belly. Whoever was the closest won a small prize.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    I've never been to a co-ed shower.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    You could do the guess how many are in the jar game.
  • takingbacklove
    January 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    I'm having 2 co-ed showers. We're not involving the guys in the games. We don't think they'll be very interested and probably end up hanging out and drinking in another part of the yard or house.
  • luvmylilbean
    January 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    At my shower with my 1st we played a game where we filled the small baby bottles with juice and like 6 people volunteered to play and had a race to see who could finish their bottle first. We also played a game where we had melted candy in a preemie diaper on a plastic doll and they had to change the dirty diaper and dress baby first. At my friend's co-Ed shower we melted different candy bars (Hershey, crunch, snickers, etc) in diapers, then they got passed around and you had to guess what the candy was. The guys liked that one lol.
  • pacificamom
    January 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM

mine was--we didn't play games

• Raeann11
    January 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Mine was a co-ed baby shower. We played games and had lots of fun. We played guess the baby food, passed a basket around of baby stuff and had to remember everything that was in it, and I know another game but can't remember what it was. It was over 10 years ago.

• AydensMom8590
    January 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    At my sil baby shower they had a race between dad to be and someone else to see how fast they could dress the plastic baby with diaper, onsie,clothes, socks, and hat!! Super fun!
  • MommyIn2008
    January 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    What did you do if you don't mind me asking. Im just trying to get ideas I've never helped plan a baby shower before let alone a co ed one.

Quoting pacificamom:

mine was--we didn't play games

• MommyIn2008
    January 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    I know Im gonna do this one forsure

Quoting kmqw229:

You could do the guess how many are in the jar game.

Pregnancy