annaica
How many baby showers should a mom have?
by annaica
January 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

Replies

• lextjmom0709
    January 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    On baby #3 having my 3rd shower. My first was with my oldest dd who is almost 6 then i had my ds so i needed different things and now im pregnant with another dd and have no girl items except what i bought which is all the big items
  • annaica
    by annaica
    January 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

when is your shower?  i know how you feel tho, if this is a boy i will be where you were lol since my first was a boy born 10 years ago lol

Quoting lextjmom0709:

On baby #3 having my 3rd shower. My first was with my oldest dd who is almost 6 then i had my ds so i needed different things and now im pregnant with another dd and have no girl items except what i bought which is all the big items

• kristyp.
    January 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    I had one with my first almost 14 yrs ago. Had my son 13 months later. Now I'm 35 weeks. I don't know enough people to have a shower. I been buying nice second hand stuff
  • lextjmom0709
    January 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Feb 2 18 days before my c section lol i am cutting it very close

Quoting annaica:

when is your shower?  i know how you feel tho, if this is a boy i will be where you were lol since my first was a boy born 10 years ago lol

Quoting lextjmom0709:

• avaana06
    January 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I was raised with the idea that you had one shower to get yourself ready for baby. After that you provide for your own child. We haven't had a shower since our first more than 6 years ago. Of course we get clothes from my MIL and such. I just expect to get anything we need for ourselves since we got ourselves pregnant. :)

• LaughingTattoo

I only had/will have a shower with my first

• lhiannan

I had 2-my oldest has a different father than my younger two, and my ex-husband's mother was adamant about throwing a baby shower, since this was her son's first child.  I honestly wouldn't have minded one this time around-my youngest is 5 1/2, and I wasn't planning on having any more children, so I gave almost everything away, plus this lo is my first girl, but it's all working out fine.

• ctaylor1211

I have had one for each pregnancy My first was a boy my second was a girl and this one is nine years apart from my youngest so we have nothing

• KristinCarr
    January 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM

i had one with my first, that was aboy, but didnt have one with my daughter, since it was only 10 months later.... but this one i will because its a new dad, so he definitely wants us to have one. 

• RhondaVeggie
    January 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    You get one shower unless there are special circumstances like twins. Second baby showers are tacky.

I had a shower with my first then with my second I had a 'friend' try to force one on me. That was one big mess.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts