Pregnancy

Featured Posts
annaica
How many baby showers should a mom have?
by annaica
January 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

Replies

• lextjmom0709
    January 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    On baby #3 having my 3rd shower. My first was with my oldest dd who is almost 6 then i had my ds so i needed different things and now im pregnant with another dd and have no girl items except what i bought which is all the big items
  • annaica
    by annaica
    January 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

when is your shower?  i know how you feel tho, if this is a boy i will be where you were lol since my first was a boy born 10 years ago lol

Quoting lextjmom0709:

On baby #3 having my 3rd shower. My first was with my oldest dd who is almost 6 then i had my ds so i needed different things and now im pregnant with another dd and have no girl items except what i bought which is all the big items

• kristyp.
    January 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    I had one with my first almost 14 yrs ago. Had my son 13 months later. Now I'm 35 weeks. I don't know enough people to have a shower. I been buying nice second hand stuff
  • lextjmom0709
    January 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Feb 2 18 days before my c section lol i am cutting it very close

Quoting annaica:

when is your shower?  i know how you feel tho, if this is a boy i will be where you were lol since my first was a boy born 10 years ago lol

Quoting lextjmom0709:

• avaana06
    January 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I was raised with the idea that you had one shower to get yourself ready for baby. After that you provide for your own child. We haven't had a shower since our first more than 6 years ago. Of course we get clothes from my MIL and such. I just expect to get anything we need for ourselves since we got ourselves pregnant. :)

• LaughingTattoo

I only had/will have a shower with my first

• lhiannan

I had 2-my oldest has a different father than my younger two, and my ex-husband's mother was adamant about throwing a baby shower, since this was her son's first child.  I honestly wouldn't have minded one this time around-my youngest is 5 1/2, and I wasn't planning on having any more children, so I gave almost everything away, plus this lo is my first girl, but it's all working out fine.

• ctaylor1211

I have had one for each pregnancy My first was a boy my second was a girl and this one is nine years apart from my youngest so we have nothing

• KristinCarr
    January 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM

i had one with my first, that was aboy, but didnt have one with my daughter, since it was only 10 months later.... but this one i will because its a new dad, so he definitely wants us to have one. 

• RhondaVeggie
    January 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    You get one shower unless there are special circumstances like twins. Second baby showers are tacky.

I had a shower with my first then with my second I had a 'friend' try to force one on me. That was one big mess.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN