Pregnancy

Featured Posts
goobersmom713
are we selfish...
January 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM
My hubby made the suggestion that we find out what we are having but keep it a surprise from our family. Are we selfish? I know personally I'm gonna have a hard time keeping the secret.

Replies

• ohmandy
    by ohmandy
    January 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

im bad at keeping my own secrets lol.  BUT i do NOT think its selfish.  i want to keep names a secret, but i already told the girl name i like haha.  i figure with gender, if they know they can buy you more stuff lol.  now THAT i think is selfish :)

• pacificamom
    January 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

no-it's your baby but prepared to get a hard time about it for the rest of your pregnancy

• TAG_ur_it
    January 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i've only known just over 24 hours that i'm pregnant and i'm already having a terrible time trying to keep it a secret.  thank goodness i have CM lol.   we want to do an announcement and gender reveal all at once so i have to keep quiet until easter.  one day in and i'm already going nuts.  lol.  no it's not selfish.  if i wasn't so horrible with surprises and anticipation, i'd wait to find out the gender until birth. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM

hm I don't understand, sorry, but how would that be selfish?

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wouldn't like to do that but no, it is not selfish.

• goobersmom713
    January 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    I didn't find out with my first two but I sorta want to find out with this one.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i've only known just over 24 hours that i'm pregnant and i'm already having a terrible time trying to keep it a secret.  thank goodness i have CM lol.   we want to do an announcement and gender reveal all at once so i have to keep quiet until easter.  one day in and i'm already going nuts.  lol.  no it's not selfish.  if i wasn't so horrible with surprises and anticipation, i'd wait to find out the gender until birth. 

• beadingmom17
    Not selfish at all! But I know I would totally slip up if I tried to do that, lol
  • goobersmom713
    Our families want us to find out...well all but my mom lol

Quoting doulala:

hm I don't understand, sorry, but how would that be selfish?

• Shlamoof
    January 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

No.  It's no one's right to know what your baby is.  if you find out, it's your decision to share or not.

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

oh--   Well then THEY can get pregnant and learn the gender prenatally.      ;- /

lol

Are you planning to have any ultrasounds?     If not then it's a non-issue...
    ;-)

Quoting goobersmom713:

Our families want us to find out...well all but my mom lol

Quoting doulala:

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email