Pregnancy

goobersmom713
are we selfish...
January 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM
My hubby made the suggestion that we find out what we are having but keep it a surprise from our family. Are we selfish? I know personally I'm gonna have a hard time keeping the secret.

Replies

• ohmandy
    by ohmandy
    January 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

im bad at keeping my own secrets lol.  BUT i do NOT think its selfish.  i want to keep names a secret, but i already told the girl name i like haha.  i figure with gender, if they know they can buy you more stuff lol.  now THAT i think is selfish :)

• pacificamom
    January 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

no-it's your baby but prepared to get a hard time about it for the rest of your pregnancy

• TAG_ur_it
    January 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i've only known just over 24 hours that i'm pregnant and i'm already having a terrible time trying to keep it a secret.  thank goodness i have CM lol.   we want to do an announcement and gender reveal all at once so i have to keep quiet until easter.  one day in and i'm already going nuts.  lol.  no it's not selfish.  if i wasn't so horrible with surprises and anticipation, i'd wait to find out the gender until birth. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM

hm I don't understand, sorry, but how would that be selfish?

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wouldn't like to do that but no, it is not selfish.

• goobersmom713
    January 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    I didn't find out with my first two but I sorta want to find out with this one.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i've only known just over 24 hours that i'm pregnant and i'm already having a terrible time trying to keep it a secret.  thank goodness i have CM lol.   we want to do an announcement and gender reveal all at once so i have to keep quiet until easter.  one day in and i'm already going nuts.  lol.  no it's not selfish.  if i wasn't so horrible with surprises and anticipation, i'd wait to find out the gender until birth. 

• beadingmom17
    Not selfish at all! But I know I would totally slip up if I tried to do that, lol
  • goobersmom713
    Our families want us to find out...well all but my mom lol

Quoting doulala:

hm I don't understand, sorry, but how would that be selfish?

• Shlamoof
    January 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

No.  It's no one's right to know what your baby is.  if you find out, it's your decision to share or not.

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

oh--   Well then THEY can get pregnant and learn the gender prenatally.      ;- /

lol

Are you planning to have any ultrasounds?     If not then it's a non-issue...
    ;-)

Quoting goobersmom713:

Our families want us to find out...well all but my mom lol

Quoting doulala:

Pregnancy